Rear quarter view)|
A Caddy in GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City |
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
The Ballad of Gay Tony
|Vehicle type||Civilian vehicle|
|Capacity||2 (driver and 1 passenger)|
"Golf cart for people too lazy to walk. Thought to be used in slow-motion drive-bys."
- Official Vice City Bureau of Investigation file description, GTA Vice City.
For much of its appearances, the Caddy's compact, open air design has remained unchanged, with the exception of several minor cosmetic modifications, such as a higher frontage in GTA Vice City Stories, and roof framing in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
The Caddy is naturally found at the golfing areas in both Vice City and the state of San Andreas. The Caddy is powered by an electric engine and, as a result, typically emits a quieter humming engine noise. If a Caddy is sufficiently damaged, yellow sparks may begin to be emitted by the vehicle engine instead of smoke, another implication that it is an electric vehicle. However, just like any other vehicle, if the player damages a Caddy enough, it will catch fire and explode, dealing damage to the player, if they are near it. Between GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, entering a Caddy automatically equips the player with a golf club as a melee weapon, provided the melee space is not already occupied. The Caddy is the official gang car of the Leaf Link Golfers, although they are usually only ever seen driving it inside or around the Golf Course and on the Links Bridge . It is possible to steal the Caddy from the golfers, however, it will result in the player being dragged out of the cart and beaten with golf clubs should the Caddy be driving at a low speed. Since it has no doors, the player is particularly vulnerable when having a wanted level, as the player will be instantaneously pulled out by a police officer and arrested if the Caddy is traveling in low speeds.
Resembling the Club Car Precedent, the Caddy in The Ballad of Gay Tony is indicated to be manufactured by ProLaps (stamped with a "ProLaps Golf" badge, likely parodying Nike Golf, even though the GTA IV era equivalent of Nike is Eris); although having been reworked to sport more detailing, the Caddy is devoid of any headlights and taillights. Unlike earlier renditions, the only body color available on a Caddy is glossy white, and the Caddy features noticeable wear and tear that cannot be removed. In addition to the regular Caddy, a grilled variant that protects the driver cab from oncoming golf balls exists in the game; an unnamed union official is strapped to the vehicle during "Practice Swing" and is forced to leak information to Rocco Pelosi while tied to the vehicle. This Caddy, which can be obtained with a trick or via a vehicle spawner, does not feature working doors as anyone entering it will enter as if it has no doors; the cage is merely a prop which can be toggled on or off.
A Caddy can be seen in the first trailer for Grand Theft Auto V, closely resembling its previous incarnation.
GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
GTA Vice City Stories (Rear quarter view).
Caged variant of the TBOGT Caddy featured in "Practice Swing".
A Caddy in the first GTA V trailer.
The Caddy is very light but slow, and has a higher center of gravity, causing them to take damage quickly, bounce around more violently and roll easily; as such, caution must be exercised when driving along a roadway where vehicles travel in high speeds. While the Caddy's bottom-heavy weight distribution means that it is less likely to rest upside down after a roll, the Caddy may end up resting on its back, immobilizing it.
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the one-gear Caddy is the slowest car in the game, roughly reaching speeds of 15-20 mph. It also takes less damage, and is thus very easy to cripple; however, the Caddy boasts a high ride height and good hill climbing power, effectively handling like a slow Quad, thanks to its weak but effective four-wheel drivetrain.
- The Caddy in GTA Vice City can be spawned by inputting cheats.
- The Caddy cannot be modified in mod shops in GTA San Andreas.
- The Caddy plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- K-Rose in GTA San Andreas.
- There is a glitch in GTA San Andreas where the rims are mismatched, which shows two halves of the rim design on each wheel. This most frequently happens when spawning the Caddy with a cheat code.
- In the PlayStation 2 version of GTA Vice City Stories, the Caddy may be used to trigger the Caddy Daddy side-mission.
- GTA Vice City
- Driven around the Leaf Links golf course by golfers.
- Parked in a bush in Ocean Beach near the lighthouse.
- GTA San Andreas
- Often found in the car park of the Avispa Country Club in San Fierro.
- Driving around the golf course at the Avispa Country Club in San Fierro.
- At the movie studio in Vinewood, Los Santos.
- Driving around at the Yellow Bell Golf Course.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Outside the main security entrance to the Leaf Links Golf Course.
- At the north western most part of the Leaf Links Golf Course.
- At the InterGlobal movie studio in Prawn Island.
- Often seen driving around Leaf Links.
- The Ballad Of Gay Tony
- Near the mini golf course on Firefly Island in multiplayer.
- Found at the golf course in western Algonquin in multiplayer.
- During "Practice Swing", which is the only way to get one in single player.