Calton Heights is a district of San Fierro, San Andreas. It is situated toward the north end of the city, with a portion extending all the way to San Fierro Bay. To the west are Juniper Hollow and Paradiso; to the east are Financial and Downtown; and to the south is Chinatown.
Modeled after San Francisco's Pacific Heights, Calton Heights, like Pacific Heights, is situated on one of the highest points in the city. More importantly, however, Calton Heights is the most affluent part of town, boasting a great number of rather grand and expensive residences. Residents are what one would expect from such an affluent place; they are well-dressed and feel superior to other denizens of San Fierro.
Calton Heights is the location of one of the most expensive houses that are available to buy as a safehouse in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, weighing in at a whopping $100,000. This modestly appointed structure sits atop one of San Fierro's most famous landmarks, Windy Windy Windy Windy Street, which is modeled after San Francisco's Lombard Street (known as the "crookedest street"), despite the real landmark not being located in Pacific Heights. Numerous alleys throughout Calton Heights provide countless opportunities for snatching expensive automobiles (and the occasional weapons spawn or police bribe) outside of the watchful gaze of the police, who frequent the streets of this district in respectable numbers.
Calton Heights is also a territory of the San Fierro Triads, a local gang. A great number of Triads are seen patrolling this area, whether it be on foot or in their respective gang vehicles. Their surprisingly gentle mannerisms and peculiar politeness belie the fact that they guard their territory fiercely, and will not hesitate to shoot (often with AK-47s) at anyone engaging in carjacking or other criminal behavior on the streets of Calton Heights.
- Calton Heights Safehouse
- Carl Johnson (if the Calton Heights Safehouse has been purchased)
Points of Interest
- Kart (after completing Cut Throat Business)
- At the top of the staircase on the westernmost side of Windy Windy Windy Windy Street, just north from the Calton Heights Safehouse.
Weapons and Pickups
- Brass Knuckles
- On the south side of the street one block to the northwest of the safehouse, behind the row of garages.
- Beside a tree near the church
- Camera (2)
- Down the southern staircase on Windy Windy Windy Windy Street, below the safehouse, two flights down.
- On the western side of the church in northern Calton Heights (in the parking lot).
- Police Bribe
- In a sloped alley between buildings at the north end of Calton Heights.
|Neighborhoods, districts and areas in San Fierro, San Andreas|
|Avispa Country Club • Battery Point • Calton Heights • Chinatown • City Hall • Doherty • Downtown • Easter Basin • Easter Bay Airport • Esplanade East • Esplanade North • Financial • Foster Valley • Garcia • Hashbury • Juniper Hill • Juniper Hollow • King's • Missionary Hill • Ocean Flats • Palisades • Paradiso • Queens • Santa Flora|