From Grand Theft Wiki
Revision as of 15:32, 16 December 2013 by Grand Theft AJ
Some stores in the East Coast don't get the newest releases until 6 weeks after they are released in the West Coast. People in Ontario and Quebec traditionally get their games three weeks after they are released in Victoria and Vancouver.
References in the Grand Theft Auto series
- GTA III
- Toronto is mentioned in the official website of Grand Theft Auto III (Francis International Airport)
- GTA IV
- Roman Bellic lists "scared Canadians" as one of the many types of females to hit on in Liberty City.
- Many pedestrians exclaim "I'm going back to Canada!", "proud to be Canadian!" or "Canada's way safer than this!" when something threatening happens around them.
- Weazel News states in a report that "Canadians created hockey as a excuse to beat each other up, just as us Americans did with football"
- "Liberty City to Canada" is a miles travelled stat in Grand Theft Auto IV. When calculated, Canada is approximatley 375 miles away.
- Kenny Petrovic mentions in the online co-op game Deal Breaker that the Angels of Death biker gang bring their drugs down from Canada.
- GTA V
- Protagonist Trevor Philips was born in Canada.
- Trevor Philips's mother Mrs. Philips and his younger deceased brother Ryan Philips are also from Canada.
- Canadian flags can be seen on various buildings, and at the golf courses.
- By 2013 the United States are apparently trying to steal Canada's fresh water for their own country.
People from Canada
- GTA IV
- Moose (incarcerated)
- GTA V
- While hanging out with Franklin Clinton, Trevor will make a statement "you're country and mine" during a conversation. Since Trevor has stated he's only lived in two countries, him stating America is Franklin's country as opposed to his own proves that he is in fact Canadian and didn't just live there at some point.