Difference between revisions of "Cavalcade"
m (→Gallery: Distinguishing images.)
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
Revision as of 23:10, 24 April 2009
The Cavalcade is very closely based on the second generation Cadillac Escalade (it is based on the standard Escalade not the Escalade ESV, the extended wheelbase model). The Cavalcade comes in a variety of colors, though it has one primary body style.
The Cavalcade is powered by a high-displacement V8, paired to a 5 speed gearbox in a 50% front, 50% rear AWD layout. It is capable of launching itself off the line quickly, and has a very reasonable top speed. Braking in the Cavalcade is very good for a vehicle of it's size, and ABS is standard across the line. The suspension is moderately firm, and will keep the Cavalcade well balanced through the bends, though some oversteer can be felt on longer turns. Crash deformation is also very good, as the Cavalcade holds it's shape after multiple accidents, and the suspension seems to hold together better than other vehicles. The engine itself is very sturdy, and will not fail unless significantly damaged multiple times.
Off-road, the Cavalcade is also a stellar performer, with enough torque to climb medium to large-sloped hills and even some medium sized rocks. The AWD system helps keep the vehicle on the straight and narrow in even the worst terrain.
- The Cavalcade FXT is the pickup truck variant of the Cavalcade, evidently based on the Escalade EXT.
- A burgundy Spanish Lords Cavalcade with special gold rims, a roofrack/roofrail and stereo systems in the rear. These vehicles' stereos feature a noticeable increased bass effect due to the subwoofers. The Spanish Lords Cavalcades are mostly found around South Bohan, as well as Alderney City.
- A unique black-tinted (The main color varies) Cavalcade with black rims is also available during the mission Deconstruction for Beginners. It is parked in an alley in Castle Gardens where Playboy X will have you retrieve some weapons from it. You are able to drive it to a safehouse to save it and then return to complete the mission.
- As Roman Bellic becomes more successful he replaces his taxi business' fleet of Esperanto taxis with grey Cavalcades.
- Upon completion of all 30 of Stevie's Car Thefts, the Cavalcade may be sold at his garage for $7,000.
- Cavalcade (GTA4) (rear).jpg
A Cavalcade in GTA IV; rear quarter view.
- Cavalcade (GTA4) (modified) (front).jpg
A modified variant driven by the Spanish Lords.
- Cavalcade (GTA4) (modified) (rear).jpg
Rear view of the modified variant, depicting a cargo area-mounted sound system.
- Cavalcade GTACW.jpg
The Cavalcade in GTA: Chinatown Wars.