Rear quarter view)|
A Cavalcade in GTA IV.
GTA IV |
The Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Vehicle type||Civilian SUV|
|Body style||4-door SUV|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
The Albany Cavalcade is a 4-door SUV featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Grand Theft Auto V. It is common throughout the city and can be found in all boroughs.
The Cavalcade a large but sportier SUV (in comparison to the Landstalker) obviously based on the second generation Cadillac Escalade (standard model — it lacks the extended wheelbase of the Escalade ESV). The Cavalcade comes in a variety of both body and rim colors, though it has one primary body style, and may also come with or without runningboards. The name Cavalcade means a procession or parade on horseback, and also sounds like a combination of the names "Cadillac" and "Escalade".
GTA IV (Rear quarter view, with side scuffs).
The Cavalcade is powered by a high-displacement V8, paired to a 5 speed gearbox in a 50% front, 50% rear AWD layout. It is capable of launching itself off the line quickly, and has a very reasonable top speed of 87 mph (140 km/h). Braking in the Cavalcade is very good for a vehicle of its size, however ABS is only available on some models. Wheelspin is minimal too, thanks to the excellent traction control system. The suspension is moderately firm, and will keep the Cavalcade well balanced through the bends, though some oversteer can be felt on longer turns. Crash deformation is also very good, as the Cavalcade holds its shape after multiple accidents, and the suspension seems to hold together better than other vehicles. The engine itself is very sturdy, and will not fail unless significantly damaged multiple times.
Off-road, the Cavalcade is also a stellar performer, with enough torque to climb medium to large-sloped hills and even some medium sized rocks. The AWD system helps keep the vehicle on the straight and narrow in even the worst terrain. With all-round independent suspension, the car often feels like it will roll over. However, if obstacles are tackled with reasonable speed, you would have to be very unlucky to roll a Cavalcade. It's worth noting that if the vehicle is intended for off-road use, especially over boulders, then the version with side steps should be avoided, as these will be damaged easily.
Overall, with its impressive top speed, sturdy design, 4 person carrying capacity, good acceleration, and ease of accesibility, this is one of the best vehicles in the game.
As independent models
- The Cavalcade FXT in GTA IV is the pickup truck variant of the Cavalcade, evidently based on the Cadillac Escalade EXT.
- The FIB Rancher in GTA Chinatown Wars bases itself on the game's Cavalcade, sharing the same vehicle body but sporting additional accessories.
With unique colors or accesories
- In GTA IV, a dark red Spanish Lords Cavalcade with special gold rims, a roofrack/roofrail and stereo systems in the rear. These vehicles' stereos feature a noticeable increased bass effect due to the subwoofers. The Spanish Lords Cavalcades are mostly found around South Bohan, as well as Alderney City.
- In GTA IV, a unique dark grey Cavalcade replaces the Esperanto used by Roman's taxi service once the player has unlocked the Algonquin Safehouse. However, the same driver will be driving it, and still will throw insults at Niko. However, unlike Roman's Taxi, there is no enhanced performance in this version.
- In GTA IV, a unique black-tinted (the main color varies) Cavalcade with black rims is available during the mission "Deconstruction for Beginners". It is parked in an alley in Castle Gardens where Playboy X has left it with a supply of weapons. The player can drive this Cavalcade to a safehouse to store it, and still return to complete the mission.
- In GTA IV, a similar black-tinted Cavalcade is the target of one of Stevie's Car Thefts. This Cavalcade has a unique green undercoat and dark green trims.
- In GTA IV, a Cavalcade is the target for one of Brucie's Exotic Exports. It features a deep matte red paint job along with black trims and rims.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, an alternate "
cavalcade2" Cavalcade exists as a "Spanish Lords" Cavalcade with a black body color, black trims and black rims, with its trunk additionally opening slightly higher than its normal counterpart to accommodate its use as Armando Torres's gun van. This car is easily obtainable, as it is most often left in the street after the Drug Wars missions with Armando and Henrique; it can also be obtained by killing them both at the start of the mission "Corner Kids". It is implied during "Clocking Off" that more than one
cavalcade2are used to aid Armando's and Henrique's drug operations. Driving it will also trigger the game to spawn regular color variants as well.
A modified variant of the Cavalcade driven by the Spanish Lords, GTA IV.
One of the grey Cavalcades used as an upgraded taxi for Roman's taxi service and driven by Mohammed, GTA IV.
A black-trimmed Cavalcade from "Deconstruction for Beginners", GTA IV. Its body color may vary.
The green Cavalcade requested in Stevie's Car Thefts, GTA IV.
Armando's and Henrique's all-black
cavalcade2, The Ballad of Gay Tony.
The Cavalcade from Brucie's Exotic Exports.
- Upon completion of all 30 of Stevie's Car Thefts in GTA IV, standard Cavalcades may be sold at his garage for $6,500. Roman's Cavalcades, if sold to Stevie in perfect condition with their original grey body color, will earn the player $20,500; if resprayed, their payout drops to the default $6,500.
- In GTA IV, the two default radio stations in the Cavalcade are The Beat 102.7 and The Classics 104.1.
- The Super Drop Diamond's rims are derived from GTA IV's Cavalcades.
- Driving a
cavalcade2will oddly sometimes spawn one, with the Spanish Lord's colors and gold trim, but without any of the accessories. This version however is often driven by civilians or parked along the streets.
- All four wheels on both the Cavalcade and the Cavalcade FXT has an odd "indent" on the inside of the tires, this can be visible if the camera is positioned to the undercarriage of the SUV while it is in motion. The Super Drop Diamond, which shares the Cavalcade's wheels however, doesn't feature the "indent".
- Roman Bellic owns a fleet of graphite Cavalcade taxis after retiring his original Esperanto taxis fleet.
- Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas are seen riding in a black/graphite Cavalcade.
- Manny Escuela owns a Spanish Lords Cavalcade.
- The Messina Family construction worker/s own a Cavalcade that a worker fell on.