The Cavalcade is very closely based on the second generation Cadillac Escalade (standard model — it lacks the extended wheelbase of the Escalade ESV). The Cavalcade comes in a variety of colors, though it has one primary body style. The name Cavalcade means a procession or parade on horseback, and also sounds like a combination of the names "Cadillac" and "Escalade".
The Cavalcade is powered by a high-displacement V8, paired to a 5 speed gearbox in a 50% front, 50% rear AWD layout. It is capable of launching itself off the line quickly, and has a very reasonable top speed. Braking in the Cavalcade is very good for a vehicle of its size, and ABS is standard across the line. The suspension is moderately firm, and will keep the Cavalcade well balanced through the bends, though some oversteer can be felt on longer turns. Crash deformation is also very good, as the Cavalcade holds it's shape after multiple accidents, and the suspension seems to hold together better than other vehicles. The engine itself is very sturdy, and will not fail unless significantly damaged multiple times.
Off-road, the Cavalcade is also a stellar performer, with enough torque to climb medium to large-sloped hills and even some medium sized rocks. The AWD system helps keep the vehicle on the straight and narrow in even the worst terrain.
- The Cavalcade FXT is the pickup truck variant of the Cavalcade, evidently based on the Escalade EXT.
- A burgundy Spanish Lords Cavalcade with special gold rims, a roofrack/roofrail and stereo systems in the rear. These vehicles' stereos feature a noticeable increased bass effect due to the subwoofers. The Spanish Lords Cavalcades are mostly found around South Bohan, as well as Alderney City.
- A unique black-tinted (The main color varies) Cavalcade with black rims is also available during the mission Deconstruction for Beginners. It is parked in an alley in Castle Gardens where Playboy X has left it with a supply of weapons. The player can drive this Cavalcade to a safehouse to store it, and still return to complete the mission. A similar black-tinted Cavalcade is the target of one of Stevie's Car Thefts; this Cavalcade has a unique green undercoat and black rims. Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas drive a black Cavalcade with black rims, and Armando sells the player weapons out of the trunk of this vehicle.
- As Roman Bellic becomes more successful, he replaces his fleet of Esperanto taxis with grey Cavalcades.
- Upon completion of all 30 of Stevie's Car Thefts, standard Cavalcades may be sold at his garage for $7,000. Roman's Cavalcades, if sold to Stevie in perfect condition with their original grey body color, will earn the player $21,000; if resprayed, their payout drops to the default $7,000.
- In GTA IV, the two default radio stations in the Cavalcade are The Beat 102.7 and The Classics 104.1.
- Cavalcade (GTA4) (modified) (front).jpg
A modified variant driven by the Spanish Lords.
- Cavalcade (GTA4) (modified) (rear).jpg
Rear view of the Spanish Lords variant, depicting a cargo area-mounted sound system.
- Cavalcade (GTACW).png
A Cavalcade in GTA: Chinatown Wars.