|Appearances||GTA Chinatown Wars|
|Full Name||Chan Jaoming|
|Date of Birth||1968|
|Place of Birth||China|
|Date of Death||2009|
|Age at Death||41|
|Family||Hsin Jaoming (Father)|
Chan Jaoming is a character in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.
Chan is mentioned in the LCPD information database in GTA IV. He is the 41-year-old son of Hsin Jaoming, leader of the Jaoming Family set of the Algonquin Triads. He is one of three possible contenders (the other two being Wu Lee and Zhou Ming) to inherit his father's position. He is believed to be the underboss of the Jaoming Family and has a group of men loyal to him. Chan has been arrested on three occasions: once in 1999 for possession of heroin, again in 2003 for extortion and 2005 for possession of stolen property.
GTA Chinatown Wars
Chan plays a major role in the events of the game's events. He is a playboy (he mentions having sex with twins and a transsexual prostitute), drug addict, and is comically idiotic - he seems to be constantly oblivious to Huang's mocking and sarcastic remarks.
Huang's investigation into the theft of Yu Jian and the murder of his father reveals two possible FIB informants who have been reporting on the Triads - incorrectly inferred to be Chan and Zhou. Chan is killed in Clear the Pier after being falsely accused of being the informant who was selling out the Triads.
- GTA Chinatown Wars
LCPD Database information
First Name: Chan
Place of Birth: China
Affiliations: Linked to Hsin Jaoming's Liberty City Triad Organization.
- 1999 - Possession Controlled Substance: Heroin
- 2003 - Extortion
- 2005 - Possession Stolen Property
- Believed to be the Triad Underboss in Liberty City.
- Has a team of men loyal to him.
- As the son of Hsin Jaoming, he holds much authority though whether his contemporaries respect him is unknown.
- Melanie Mallard (killed attempting to broadcast Chan's operations on TV without blurring Huang's or Chan's faces)
- Even though, in Chinese and Japanese languages the last name is written first, Chan is his first name, as he shares his surname with that of his father, Hsin Jaoming. Normally he is referenced to as Jaoming Chan.