|Appearances||GTA Chinatown Wars|
|Full Name||Chan Jaoming|
|Date of Birth||1968|
|Place of Birth||China|
|Date of Death||2009|
|Age at Death||41|
|Family||Hsin Jaoming (Father)|
Chan Jaoming is a character in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. Chan is the forty-one year old son of Hsin Jaoming. He is a member of his father's set of the Algonquin Triads, the Jaoming Family. Chan is one of three possible contenders (the other two being Wu Lee and Zhou Ming) to inherit his father's position. He is believed to be the underboss of the Jaoming Family and has a group of loyal supporters. Both him and Zhou were falsely accused of being the FIB informant who was ratting out the Triads (only for it to be revealed to be Kenny) and they were both killed by Huang Lee on Hsin's orders.
Chan has been arrested on three occasions: once in 1999 for possession of heroin, again in 2003 for extortion and 2005 for possession of stolen property. Chan is described as a playboy (he mentions having sex with twins and a transexual prostitute), drug-addled, and too stupid to become his father`s successor as the leader of the Jaoming Family. Chan is also oblivious to Huang's constant sarcastic remarks.
- GTA Chinatown Wars
LCPD Database information
First Name: Chan
Place of Birth: China
Affiliations: Linked to Hsin Jaoming's Liberty City Triad Organization.
- 1999 - Possession Controlled SUbstance: Heroin
- 2003 - Extortion
- 2005 - Possession Stolen Property
- Believed to be the Triad Underboss in Liberty City.
- Has a team of men loyal to him.
- As the son of Hsin Jaoming, he holds much authority though whether his contemporaries respect him is unknown.
- Melanie Mallard (killed attempting to broadcast Chan's operations on TV without blurring Huang's or Chan's faces)
- Even though, in Chinese and Japanese languages the last name is written first, Chan is his first name, as he shares his surname with that of his father, Hsin Jaoming. Normally he is referenced to as Jaoming Chan.