Rear quarter view)|
A Chavos in GTA IV.
GTA IV |
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Manufacturer||Dinka (GTA IV)|
The front is based on the 1997/1998 Nissan 240SX (also thought to resemble a 1999-2004 Peugeot 406, but the look is less evident judging by the bumper); the sides look like a Acura TSX; the back looks loosely based on that of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII, VIII, and IX. It can be found in the Hove Beach area in Broker, Liberty City. The Chavos may or may not have a black-tinted roof, similar to that of the Imponte DF8-90.
A blue-and-gray variant of the Chavos is used as a gang car for the Korean Midtown Gang in GTA Chinatown Wars.
The Chavos (bearing a VO5 badge) is powered by what appears to be a high-displacement V6, coupled to a 5 speed gearbox in a RWD configuration. Power is on-par with other sedans in the game, making acceleration good and giving it a decent top speed of 155 km/h (96 mph).
Handling-wise, the Chavos is sub-par, despite its sporty appearance and low suspension. The car suffers from dramatic oversteer; though some players cite this as a good thing, giving the Chavos a good drifting ability. The suspension is soft, again aiding to the oversteer and body roll. Braking is well below average, with a lack of ABS resulting in the wheels locking at the slightest hint of braking. The Chavos is often stopped in its tracks by roadside curbs, due to the low suspension. Crash deformation is acceptable, though not great; and engine durability is poor, rendering the Chavos immobilized after a few impacts.
- "Chavos" is a slang term for "Money" and young men. "Chav" is also a slang term for British youths, who typically wear tracksuits (often soccer related) and Burberry caps.
- In GTA IV, the two default radio stations in the Chavos are The Beat 102.7 and The Classics 104.1 but the pedestrians in Hove Beach listen to Vladivostok FM when jacking a Chavos.
- In perfect condition this car can be sold in the S&M Auto Sales for $2,000
- GTA IV
- Usually found around Hove Beach, Broker.
- Sometimes found around Chinatown, Algonquin.
- Occasionally found all around Bohan.
- Rarely found all around Alderney.
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- Common around Midtown Gang territory.