Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory
The Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory, or simply Cherry Poppers, is the main building of the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Company located in Little Havana, Vice City. After the mission Shakedown in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the player can purchase the factory and save the game there. Cherry popper is a take on a girl's first sexual experience (losing virginity). The top of the building has two large mounds of ice cream resembling a pair of woman's breasts.
In 1986, Tommy Vercetti buys the factory and the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Company from former owner Maude Hanson. Tommy initially bought the factory believing it to be an actual Ice Cream Factory, but upon finding out that the ice cream is a front and that the factory actually distributes drugs, Tommy starts using the company trucks to sell his coke shipments in the streets. After selling 50 units, $3,000 can be picked up outside the factory.
The factory still exists in 1984 but it isn't owned by the company. Oddly, the factory is still blue, claiming that the company didn't paint it after buying the factory.
Cherry Poppers save bug
The save point is known to cause corruption in saved files. For safety purposes, players should save the game elsewhere instead. It can save properly most of the time but it’s best not to attempt it. Nothing’s worse than having to restart from the beginning when you’re almost finished.
- Cherry Poppers products can be seen in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- The Cherry Poppers logo can be seen on the side of the dumbbells in the gyms in San Andreas.
- The Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory logo appears on the side of Mr. Tasty vehicles in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- In Grand Theft Auto Vice City stories, if you angle the camera right you can make the ice cream from on the roof of Vice City appear.
- The company name is a reference to losing your virginity.