GTA V |
Chop the Dog (game)
|Aliases||Chop the Dog|
|Place of Birth||Los Santos|
Strawberry, Los Santos(? - 2013) |
Vinewood Hills, Los Santos (current)
Lamar Davis (previous owner) |
Franklin Clinton (current owner)
Pink poodle (girlfriend)
The Families |
Chop is a character in the HD Universe who appears as a supporting (and breifly playable) character in Grand Theft Auto V and as the protagonist of the Chop the Dog application included in Grand Theft Auto: iFruit. Chop is also a large asset to The Families, even sporting a green collar as his gang colours and helping to catch Ballas and defend Franklin from attackers.
Chop is a Rottweiler dog owned by Lamar Davis and lives in Strawberry, Los Santos. The two, according to Lamar, have a 'special bond' due to Lamar's Apache blood. Lamar, on at least one occasion, also gets Chop stoned. In 2013, Chop helps Lamar and Franklin Clinton to locate and kidnap D, a Ballas gangster. When Lamar uses his iFruit phone they are forced to let D go with Lamar later phoning Franklin and asks him to take care of Chop. Chop then moves in with Franklin and his aunt Denise and later accompanies Lamar, Franklin and Trevor Philips to Grove St, although when they are ambushed Chop runs away, returning home. When Franklin moves house to 3671 Whispymound Dr in Vinewood Hills, Chop moves with him rather than going back to Lamar. Chop later accompanies Franklin in helping Trevor to locate Elwood, Walton and Wynn O'Neil, with Chop locating Elwood allowing Franklin to kill him.
- Chop is the first and only playable animal in the series to date.
- Chop is the first animal to become a protagonist.
- Chop can be killed by the player, however, he will continue to respawn at Franklin's home. Killing Chop lowers his level of happiness with Franklin.
- Chop appears on the real-world iFruit App where the player can provide food and water, play with and clean up after him, purchase new collars and teach new tricks. The tricks will then be available in-game, provided Chop is happy with Franklin.
- Lamar's phone icon is a picture of Chop.
- A plushie of Chop was made available to win in a Rockstar Games collectible giveaway and later in a Snapmatic screenshot contest.
- The player can take Chop for walks and play fetch with a ball, which is provided in the weapons wheel. Chop can also be used to located hidden items, including weapons and collectibles, and can also attack non playable characters that are targeted or attacked by Franklin. This, however, leads to a two-star wanted level.
- Chop is one of only four dogs to be named in the series. The others being Hugo in GTA III, Puddles in GTA Vice City Stories and Dexie in GTA V.
Artwork of Franklin Clinton and Chop for GTA V.
- Animals in GTA V, for other animals in GTA V.