Clothing in GTA IV
The shopping experience has changed from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas -- rather than outfits loading from the changing rooms, the player approaches clothes-racks or shelves to try on the various articles of clothing. Already-purchased clothes can be rebought for immediacy's sake (ie, the player won't have to go back to a safehouse to don the item). There are also extra outfits used to complete missions, which cannot be purchased; these stay in the player's wardrobe after their respective missions are completed.
There are no gloves in GTA IV, despite their appearance in official videos and screenshots. An unofficial texture mod for the PC version of the game can add fingerless gloves.
With the exception of the medical scrubs (see below), clothing has no influence on gameplay outside of comments from girlfriends; unlike in previous GTAs, changing clothes does not lower the player's Wanted level.
There are three clothing retailers in GTA IV:
- Russian Shop: opened after the mission Three's a Crowd. Located in Hove Beach, the Russian shop sells cheap 'street' clothing, in styles popular in post-Soviet countries. Hats and glasses/sunglasses are only available from this shop.
- Modo: opened when Algonquin is unlocked. There is one location for this store, in East Holland. Modo sell casual and sporting clothes.
- Perseus: opened when Algonquin is unlocked. There are two locations, in Middle Park East and The Exchange. Perseus sell suits and dress clothing.
Extra outfits, unlocked after certain missions:
- Liberty Sanitation Department outfit - a green jacket, given to Niko during the mission, Taking in the Trash.
- Scrubs - hospital scrubs (as worn by doctors, nurses and orderlies in medical wards), can be found during the mission Flatline (only available from the player's wardrobe if he or she took the outfit during the mission; not taking it will also make the mission harder by attracting police).
- Balaclava - a black three-hole mask, given to Niko during the mission Three Leaf Clover.
- Albanian biker jacket - a white and black jacket with an Albanian gang emblem, given to Niko at the start of the mission I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle. Wearing this outfit in areas such as Hove Beach will get Niko attacked by gang members.
- "Happiness Is...Land" Sweater - a navy blue sweater, found lying on the ground at the entrance to the Statue of Happiness.
- Claude's outfit - unlocked after The Holland Play, but only available with Playboy X's Penthouse. This outfit (zipped-up black jacket, green cargo pants, black-and-white crepe-soled sneakers) closely resembles the clothes worn by Claude, the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto III.
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Black and white jacket - Luis' default clothing.
- Hood - Black - A black hood.
- Hood - Red - A red hood.
- Perseus suit - A Perseus suit in two shades of brown.
- Rain coat - brown - A brown rain coat.
- Rain coat - black - A black rain coat.
Additionally, a special black suit will be worn in the game's Club Management activity.
gta4onlineguide.com - has pictures, prices, and descriptions for each article of clothing