Rear quarter view)|
A Cognoscenti in GTA IV.
GTA IV |
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Body style||4-door limousine|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
The Cognoscenti is mostly based on the Maybach 62 sedan, in nature as well as its general appearance. To distinguish the car, cues for the front end seem to be taken from cars like the 2005–present Bentley Continental Flying Spur. The car may appear with one-tone or two-tone colors. The Cognoscenti features a wheelbase long enough to qualify for a limousine classification, but is still shorter in length to the Stretch. Nevertheless, police chatter will refer to the car as a stretch limo. It has the same interior as the Schafter, complete with a Benefactor logo on the steering wheel.
All versions in GTA IV come with alarms, but the ones at Pegorino's house do not trigger when the doors are opened. Like the Turismo at Mikhail Faustin's house in Beachgate, Broker, it will trigger when a window is smashed in a full speed collision.
For the GTA Chinatown Wars rendition, the design of the car has been reduced in size to that of a standard four-door sedan, but retains many of its GTA IV design cues, such as the two-tone body color and fascia design.
In GTA V, the Cognoscenti remains unchanged from GTA IV except for the rims.
GTA IV (Rear quarter view).
In GTA IV, the Cognoscenti is one of the larger cars in the game, with an exceptionally long body for a sedan. The weight and length of the car make it more of a vanity vehicle than one useful for missions; its acceleration and handling are inferior to other sedans found throughout the city, however its top speed of 320 km/h (200 mph) is considerable. However, it boasts a powerful engine and rear wheel drive, so slides and oversteer can be achieved. The suspension has a good balance of soft/firm, which irons out bumps in the road, meaning that the car doesn't over-compensate over the bumps, whilst not jarring over them either. It's stability and maneuverability actually makes it a good choice for most of Brucie's Races (helped by the poor AI of the other vehicles).
The GTA Chinatown Wars rendition is more maneuverable, given its shorter wheelbase and size, allowing the car to accelerate faster and steer around corners more easily. Other considerable features include its reponsive brakes and burnout capability. This makes the Cognoscenti one of the better four-door sedans in the game.
In GTA Online, the Cognoscenti had a similar terms of performance to the GTA IV Cognoscenti, albeit with improved handling due to GTA V physics.
Variants and other prominent appearances
- "Tony Black" Spoleto, the Ancelotti's capo, owns a black Cognoscenti (befittingly), which is blown up in "Actions Speak Louder than Words".
- A unique baby blue Cognoscenti is requested in Stevie's Car Thefts. The car will be constantly spawn in Alderney City, Alderney until it is delivered to Stevie, allowing the player to store one at their safehouse before delivering another copy to Stevie.
- A uniquely pearl white-painted Cognoscenti can be stolen outside Gracie Ancelotti's home in Alderney City approximately two weeks after the player completes "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend", when she appears as a random character. The car will be parked in the driveway to the house, and will keep respawning until the mission is completed, so the player can take it without doing the mission. Sometimes when the player activates the cheat to spawn a Cognoscenti, a pearl white one will appear.
- During "Mr and Mrs Bellic", there is a gray and black Cognoscenti with a wedding ribbon over the front of the car's bonnet parked up outside the church which the player is required to head to. This Cognoscenti can be obtained by scaring off the wedding participants (shooting a gun nearby the church) and saving it at a parking space. The same Cognoscenti is featured in both of the final missions, sans the ribbon, but there you can obtain it by take it and drive to the Alderney safehouse.
- In The Lost and Damned, a unique red Cognoscenti is obtainable during "Phone Ho'" for "Stubbs' Dirty Laundry", during which a politician rides it to pick up a prostitute. If the player is quick enough, they can take it after the mission and save it.
The Cognoscenti requested in Stevie's Car Thefts, GTA IV.
GTA Chinatown Wars
- Uncle Kenny loans a purple-and-white Cognoscenti to Huang Lee in Pursuit Farce. Other than its color (which is not seen on other Cognoscentis), it's virtually the same.
- A gang variant of the Cognoscenti exists, being used by the "Mob" in Algonquin, and is distinguished by its larger size, an all-dark gray body color, and a sunroof.
- Rudy D'Avanzo drives away in a grey-and-white Cognoscenti after Grave Situation and uses the same one as a getaway car in A Rude Awakening.
- The Enus Cognoscenti 55, another variant of the Cognoscenti, is a cheaper variant than the regular Cognoscenti. This variant resembles more to the Bentley Continental Flying Spur.
- There's also an armored variant of both the Cognoscenti and Cognoscenti 55. These variants were armor-plated and can stand more damage than a regular Cognoscenti.
Uncle Kenny's Cognoscenti in GTA Chinatown Wars.
- Cognoscente means a connoisseur or an expert in a certain field, usually the fine arts, while cognoscenti is the plural form of the word.
- In GTA IV, the default radio station in the Cognoscenti is The Journey, and Self-Actualization FM in Episodes from Liberty City.
- The Cognoscenti has hard-to-see front turning lights. They are located above the external headlights as small, white lights.
- The Cognoscenti comes with a "door ajar" chime which can be heard when door is open in quiet areas with volume turned up.
- In perfect condition, the Cognoscenti can be sold at S&M Auto Sales for $9,000 in GTA IV after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts.
- The Cognoscenti is the only vehicle manufactured by Enus in GTA IV and The Lost and Damned; Enus' line of vehicle is expanded in The Ballad of Gay Tony with the inclusion of the Super Diamond and Super Drop Diamond.
- The Cognoscenti makes a cameo appearance as a stripped car in a chop shop during the forth chapter of Max Payne 3, a Rockstar Vancouver game. Although certain minor details on the car are consistent with the GTA IV version, including a steering wheel with an outline of the Benefactor logo, as well as a GPS console that features a portion of the Liberty City map, the engine compartment is completely retouched while the bumpers and radiator have also been modified.
- GTA IV
- Two at Jimmy Pegorino's house in Westdyke, Alderney, one outside and one inside the garage.
- Rare pearl white variant outside Gracie Ancelotti's house when she is a random character.
- Sometimes found around The Exchange, Algonquin, Liberty City.
- Sometimes, can be found driving around the terminal at The Francis International Airport
- Can be spawned by cheat-code, 227-555-0142 (will not block any trophies/achievements).
- The car in which Jacob waits in Out of Commission/A Revenger's Tragedy is a Cognoscenti with dark-tinted windows.
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- Spawns commonly in more affluent areas of the city, such as Willis and Meadow Hills in Dukes, and the southern half of Algonquin.
- Parked at the driveway of the northwesternmost house in Meadow Hills, Dukes.
- The "Mob" variant commonly spawns in and around Little Italy, Algonquin.
- The "Mob" variant can be purchased at the Auto Merchant in BOABO, Broker.
- GTA Online.
- Purchased from Legendarymotorsport.net.
- $254.000 (regular)
- $154.000 (55)
- $558.000 (regular armored)
- $396.000 (55 armored)
- Cognoscenti Cabrio: a 2-door sports coupe variant in GTA V.