|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.|
Johnny meeting Niko Bellic at the the Libertonian.
|Game||The Lost and Damned|
|Objective||Escape from the Libertonian after the diamond deal falls through|
|Unlocks||Was It Worth It?|
|Unlocked by||Diamonds in the Rough and Roman's Holiday|
After you've completed Diamonds in the Rough, you'll get a phone call from Ray. He wants you to head to The Libertonian and offload the stolen diamonds to some jewellers. The mission begins automatically, but you do have time to call up Terry's Gun Van or visit a weapons store to replenish your weaponry and armor.
- This mission is seen in Grand Theft Auto IV from Niko's point of view.
- According to this mission, Niko wears his default outfit to do the deal.
- The mission appears again in The Ballad of Gay Tony, from Luis' point of view.There is a cutscene where Luis strikes Issac in the face with the AK-47 and takes the diamonds,but it is only seen from his point of view.
- Although Luis ambushes the deal,he cannot be seen taking the diamonds from Issac nor killed. Also, despite Luis arriving and leaving in a helicopter and engaging in a firefight in the sky with other copters, no matter how fast Johnny exits the museum, none of this will be evident outside.
- Niko can be heard shooting a SMG during the mission and taunting enemies.
- If Niko is injured, Johnny will call Ray to report it, and the mission will fail. To avoid hitting Niko by accident, the best way is to not target any enemies on the ground floor right away or use splash damage weapons such as the RPG or grenades indoors.
- As Johnny makes his way down the stairs, there will be many corpses laying about (courtesy of Niko). Johnny will comment on this as he passes. He can a few different things regarding this when played again. He says he would hate to have Niko after him because he is deranged.
- As you walk through the Libertonian from the north to south entrances, to meet up with Niko, many Mafia goons you fight later are standing around, talking amongst themselves, some will even mouth-off at you, saying things like, 'look at that, two fucking bums hit the jackpot', but others will still give a friendly, 'how ya doin'.
- When walking through the Libertonian, if you have Terry and Clay with you, one of Ray's goons will say 'We've got a motley crew here', a reference to the Glam Metal band Mötley Crüe.
- The credits reveal that Johnny used an Assault Shotgun.
- Terry and Clay wait for Johnny at the north entrance as he is escaping from the Libertonian, if Johnny calls them for backup.
- During the car chase, it is possible for one of the cars to accidentally fly into the Civilization Committee property, making it difficult to kill the driver without triggering a 4-star wanted level.
- After completing this mission, Johnny will no longer be able to request free weapons from Jim as all he'll hear when he calls is an answering machine. This is similar to how Niko becomes unable to request taxi service from Roman on occasion in the main game because of events that happen to his cousin.