Community:Promotion/Black Artist< Community:Promotion
|This promotion is on-hold due to user inactivity|
- Black Artist, since this was a self-nomination you are deemed to have accepted it, so please answer the questions below.
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
What do you think is the hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of (whether a technical skill, a policy or just the way we do things here); how would you spot they were having difficulty; and how would you help them? Maybe explain what was the hardest thing you've had to learn whilst being here? Gboyers talk 22:41, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I think the hardest thing for any user to get used to is to continually return to this site and continue to make good edits. Some come here by accident, do some editting/slight vandalism, and never come back. I feel than anyone who really wants this site to be a awesome site must take it as labor of love for GTA and do what they can for the wikia.--User:Black ArtistTalk page 23:07, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
Becoming staff isn't a reward for good edits, it's a job and a respoinsibility. How do you feel you could help us, and why should we promote you to become a Moderator? Gboyers talk 22:41, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- As a Moderator, I will be a better editor for this site, and revert bad edits as soon as they happen. Also, with my newly-bestoyed power, I will take it apon myself to learn more about this and his rules so I can help this site even more. --User:Black ArtistTalk page 23:07, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I think of myself as a "linker editor". Editing and adding information is always important, but I am always finding myself linking words to pages with the [[ ]] thing. I guess you can say I've got a "hard-on" for links, especially on TLAD and TBOGT pages.--User:Black ArtistTalk page 23:07, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
Could you give one example of what you think is one of the best pages on this wiki, and a brief explanation of why you chose that. It should probably be an informational article, but you could use a list or category or similar if you explain why. Gboyers talk 22:41, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- One page it especially love the is the Weapons in GTA IV page, because I contributed a lot to its presentation. I'm the one that added that boldface weapons intro part before each weapon section, as well as added the first couple starting sentences of the page, the ones that have stayed relatively the same after tons of other edits since I created them. I feel the page looks great, and is very informative to users.--User:Black ArtistTalk page 23:07, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Since I play on PS3 and do not own any picture-taking equipment, I sometimes feel useless compared to the other picture-adding users. What could I do other than editing to help out GTA wikia?--User:Black ArtistTalk page 23:07, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: