- Bluesboyjr, please reply with whether you accept or decline this nomination, and why. If you accept, please answer the questions below.
- I accept - I wouldn't want to pass by this opportunity. Bluesboyjr 12:20, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
What do you think is the hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of (whether a technical skill, a policy or just the way we do things here); how would you spot they were having difficulty; and how would you help them? Maybe explain what was the hardest thing you've had to learn whilst being here? Gboyers talk 22:35, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd say probably the level of formality in the way articles are written, i.e. not some grammar-less opinionated text wall, yet not a Wikipedian citation-strewn bureaucratic essay. Bluesboyjr 12:20, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
Becoming staff isn't a reward for good edits, it's a job and a responsibility. How do you feel you could help us, and why should we promote you to become a Moderator? Gboyers talk 22:35, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- The tools that come with being a Moderator can be misused, but I believe that I have shown that I would use them for the benefit of the Wiki and its users. Being a Moderator has a similar effect as wearing a badge saying "I can help you", and I believe I can, and will assist any user who requires help. Bluesboyjr 12:20, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't like to stick to any specific task - if you were to look at my Recent Contributions, you wouldn't often find a chain of related edits. I like to think of myself as helping where I can, adding new information and improving articles here and there. Bluesboyjr 12:20, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
Could you give one example of what you think is one of the best pages on this wiki, and a brief explanation of why you chose that. It should probably be an informational article, but you could use a list or category or similar if you explain why. Gboyers talk 22:35, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- The individual pages for vehicles are among the best on this Wiki, especially for those which span several games, like the Pony. The information is organised in a way that is systematic yet easy to understand. Bluesboyjr 12:20, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't really have any questions, and can only say to make whichever decision would benefit the Wiki most. Bluesboyjr 12:20, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- Albeit rather new to the wiki, Bluesboyjr seems to know his way well around the wiki. He has made quality edits, often times not requiring cleanup. It can be easily told that he learned quickly on how the wiki works. He has also shown that he can be flexible and not stick to a particular topic. We also need more editors who know the more neglected/less popular games very well; he seems to know a lot about Grand Theft Auto 2. All in all, he would be a great addition to our staff, and I believe he'll use the extra tools as best as possible in maintaining the great quality of the wiki. Masterpogihaha 15:13, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with the above statement. He is knowledgeable of how the wiki functions. And he also followed consistency guidelines as he joined. --Gta-mysteries Talk 18:04, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: