Difference between revisions of "Community:Promotion/Gsf4l"
m (Protected "Grand Theft Wiki:Promotion/Gsf4l": Archiving ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 13:52, 14 October 2010
| This is a record of a failed nomination to become Staff.
Please do not edit the nomination, questions or comments sections of this page. Discuss on the talk page if neccessary.
- Gsf4l, please reply with whether you accept or decline this nomination, and why. If you accept, please answer the questions below.
Thank you for this. I had no idea I had been nominated, and sure, I would love to become a new member of staff on GTW!. Thank you, the GTW team. And Brettdude13 for nominating me. And also Gboyers for hopefully making me become staff!. Thank you everyone!.
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
What do you think is the hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of (whether a technical skill, a policy or just the way we do things here); how would you spot they were having difficulty; and how would you help them? Maybe explain what was the hardest thing you've had to learn whilst being here? Gboyers Gboyers talk 14:42, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
- Well when i started, it took a while to add the links. Also most of the symbols at the top, i did'nt know how to use them. That was hard for me. Also when I see an new editor, edit a page, the quality lacks. Between vocabulary and the lack of info or links. - GSF4L
Becoming staff isn't a reward for good edits, it's a job and a respoinsibility. How do you feel you could help us, and why should we promote you to become a Moderator? Gboyers Gboyers talk 14:42, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
- I think I should become staff, because I have a great knowledge of Grand Theft Auto, as I have every GTA game. Excluding The Lost And The Damned, The Ballad Of Gay Tony, and of course Chinatown wars. As I have a PS3. I know lots of info, on vehicles, locations and on the characters. As i usually visit, and play GTA mostly every day. Info is what is most needed on GTW and I think i have that. Also, I visit the site EVERY day!. So many GTW staff do not visit or edit much. And if i do, then the whole of GTW would benefit from me. - GSF4L
- Well, I always edit the vehicle and locations on GTW. - GSF4L
Could you give one example of what you think is one of the best pages on this wiki, and a brief explanation of why you chose that. It should probably be an informational article, but you could use a list or category or similar if you explain why. Gboyers Gboyers talk 14:42, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
- One of the characters or the locations. Because some people who add pictures to GTW, some of them are very good, and have a high quality standard. Also article's such as Niko Bellic have some good info about them. - GSF4L
- Not really right now I mean. But please make me become a member of GTW. I think that GTW would benefit. As i can collect images on GTA San Andreas as i have a PC. But iI also have a PS1, a PS2 and a PS3. So i can always go back and check on some info on the game or whatever it may be about. So thank you Gboyers, all the GTW staff, and the GTW members for supporting me through my time here, at Grand Theft Wiki!. - GSF4L
Your answers don't really explain what you would do if you were staff. Your knowledge of GTA and work on articles and images can all be done as a normal user. How would being staff be different for you? Is there anything you can't do now which you would like to help with? Gboyers talk 01:28, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, what i usually do is, I look at what other users have edited. Sometimes they don't give a description, on what they contributed. However, i f I was promoted to Moderator, I have the use of seeing what they actually wrote. As i usually do this, especially when a user I have never heard about does it. It would help me and the wiki, if I got promoted beacuse I could patroll these parts of the wiki. So yes it would be easier. - GSF4L
You can do this as a regular user. Just hit the "History" link at the top of the page to see everyones edits (or go to recent-edits), then click the "Diff" button next to the edit that you want to look at in more detail. Look at Staff to see what extra tools and rights staff have. Gboyers talk 14:42, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
I think that the protect talk pages is a good one. Mainly because I always reply to talks, especially if I know what they mean. Also patrolling is quite good aswell. I think using these tools would be a bigger advantage. But however I do not know what the "Rollback Edits" mean. If you tell me I wouldd have a bigger idea. Please do not decline the nomination, because I do not know what this means. However with the patrolling, It would be of great use to me, as i frequently check what everyone is doing in the GTW world. I mostly edit them, if they are wrong, as in they are messy, they need gramatical checks, or if it is incorrect information. - GSF4L
This nomination has been declined, partly due to an abusive message left by User:Gsf4l on a staff members' user board, calling him a "tit" and "bit of a dick" for disagreeing with the nomination for promotion, and calling him "jealous" and saying that he "bums" other staff and (wrongly) claiming that no users like this staff member. This user clearly thinks that they are better than the rest of the users on this wiki, which rules him out of ever being staff here. This user repeatedly tried to second-guess my decision on promoting them - I was in fact going to promote this user to give them a chance to shine, but clearly this user didn't want to wait for my decision and decided to abuse the other staff in the meantime. I don't know what possible benefit that could have. Disciplinary action may follow. Gboyers talk 10:12, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: