Difference between revisions of "Community:Promotion/Gta-mysteries"
m (Protected "Grand Theft Wiki:Promotion/Gta-mysteries": Archiving ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 12:52, 14 October 2010
| This is a record of a successful nomination to become Staff.
Please do not edit the nomination, questions or comments sections of this page. Discuss on the talk page if neccessary.
- Gta-mysteries, please reply with whether you accept or decline this nomination, and why. If you accept, please answer the questions below.
- Yeah, I'll accept the nomination with it I could help out more than what I can.--Gta-mysteries 18:24, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
What do you think is the hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of (whether a technical skill, a policy or just the way we do things here); how would you spot they were having difficulty; and how would you help them? Maybe explain what was the hardest thing you've had to learn whilst being here? Gboyers talk 15:29, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I would think that copyright, categories, article layouts, and the editing syntax would be the hardest things to get a hang of. The hardest thing I have had was some of the mistakes I've made was because I was new, or wasn't thinking about it, so it would have to be the categories. And I would check out recent changes of edits, then correct them on their talk page.--Gta-mysteries 18:24, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
Becoming staff isn't a reward for good edits, it's a job and a respoinsibility. How do you feel you could help us, and why should we promote you to become a Moderator? Gboyers talk 15:29, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- If I am promoted I could use my new tools when ever they would be needed. I have seen some new articles that were created without capitalization, or they had any value in gameplay, but were moved to forum pages.--Gta-mysteries 18:24, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I have cleaned up some articles, fixed the wanted files, as well as the general screenshots category, the license required categories, the public domain category, and most of the already written business articles. I also provide a good number of images for articles --Gta-mysteries 18:24, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
Could you give one example of what you think is one of the best pages on this wiki, and a brief explanation of why you chose that. It should probably be an informational article, but you could use a list or category or similar if you explain why. Gboyers talk 15:29, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- The special vehicles page is one of my best pages (even though I didn't start it). I have organized most of that section, and added in a lot of info. To me that is one of the most informational pages on this wiki.--Gta-mysteries 18:24, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I have seen staff renaming file pages like File:Perennial (GTA3) (front).jpg, to Perennial-GTA3-front.jpg. If I am promoted could I help with this? And what are rollback edits?--Gta-mysteries 08:58, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- If you were promoted to Moderator, you could move pages and images, yes. You can see our discussion on renaming images here. A rollback is a quick revert of all the last user's edits to a page. The "Rollback" button which you will see (if promoted) allows you to quickly revert the page back to the state it was in after the previous person edited it. So if there was a big page like this, and you saw that Gta-mysteries was a spammer or added useless information, you could hit the "rollback" button and undo all of Gta-mysteries' last edits, and revert the page back to Stankers' version. Normal users can do this without the rollback button, but it's just a quicker and cleaner way to fix a page. The reason we don't give the right to everyone is because it would be too easy for people to mess up pages and have edit wars, where it's difficult to see who edited last. Gboyers talk 09:22, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, OK thanks, other than that I have no other questions.--Gta-mysteries 09:39, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
- GTA all day- I think you deserve it, you've done a lot for Grand Theft Wiki.
- ZS - Definitely great to have an extra hand managing images. He's learning pretty quickly, and I'm sure he'll put his privileges to good use.
- User:Black Artist Man, when is buddy NOT editing? He deserves this.
- Loadingue - I agree with the previous comments.
Users not in support of this promotion: