Difference between revisions of "Community:Promotion/Gta-mysteries/2"
Latest revision as of 12:52, 14 October 2010
User:Gta-mysteries has been nominated to become a Manager. This is a self-nomination for manager (bureaucrat), as suggested by gboyers. As this is a self-nomination, it is taken as accepted. Gboyers talk 00:23, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
You have only been an Administrator for a short period of time. What do you feel you have you achieved in that role? What have been your most valuable contributions? Gboyers talk 00:33, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I feel achieved a greater sense of knowledge about the site being an admin, and my most valuable contribution was helping other users, and cleaning the site.--Gta-mysteries 01:05, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- If promoted I would try to help with massive changes to the wiki, and edit policy.--Gta-mysteries 01:05, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Well the rules I would enforce normally, and I don't really see any more rules to add in.--Gta-mysteries 01:05, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I think I should be promoted because I can do a great quantity of work in a relatively short time, and I don't mean to offend the other users but I think I am the most active on the site.--Gta-mysteries 01:05, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
As a Manager, you will have to step in to calmly end disagreements without upsetting everyone, and without just banning everyone. Have there been any incidents where you have shown this quality? Gboyers talk 00:33, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Well during the edit war with Orto Dogge, and Sknmak I wasn't really aware of it, but I could end something like that without banning whoever was involved. Just yesterday there were two vandals, I reverted their edits, and was about to suspend them, Charitwo deleted one of them, and Spaceeinstein blocked the other for two days. --Gta-mysteries 01:05, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- The best thing on GTA Wikia is the information as opposed to other GTA sites like WikiGta, the site is public, and more detailed. When I first joined it was because of Myths in GTA San Andreas hence the name Gta-mysteries. And really I help you guys because you are friendly people and easy to work with, and we all work on something common, and together. And this is the only wiki that doesn't feel empty.--Gta-mysteries 01:05, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- I have been inactive, and haven't edited much alongside Gta-mysteries, but from what I have seen of his edits, he is a dedicated user, and is doing a great job as Administrator. However, he hasn't been staff long. I completely agree with the decision to promote him directly to Administrator, but question whether he is experienced enough to be promoted further just yet. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 09:07, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- This user seems to be a very good administrator, and the above answers make you seem perfect for this role. I don't really see any reason why you would need to be a Manager to be able to do what you do best. An administrator is a perfect role for an active user such as yourself, able to go around and clean things up, deal with problems and help organise the site. I feel a promotion to Manager might actually harm your ability to do that, since it would be less focused on the low-level content side of things. Keep up the good work, and unless you have any objections I think we'll keep you as a good admin! Gboyers talk 20:04, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: