Difference between revisions of "Community:Promotion/Hardrock182/2"
m (Protected "Grand Theft Wiki:Promotion/Hardrock182/2": Archiving ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 12:52, 14 October 2010
| This is a record of a successful nomination to become Staff.
Please do not edit the nomination, questions or comments sections of this page. Discuss on the talk page if neccessary.
I nominated User:Hardrock182 to become a Moderator back in March. After two months of moderating, I think he is worth considering for promotion to Administrator. I have not yet decided whether to vote in favour of this or not, so I hope this page is used wisely to make the decision. Gboyers talk 22:07, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hardrock182, please reply with whether you accept or decline this nomination, and why. If you accept, also answer the questions below.
I accept this nomination, although I'm actually surprised I've been nominated this quickly, let alone nominated at all. - Hardrock182 15:56, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
- My perspective has changed - mostly due to the Cleanup Project, I've realised that I need to be more careful when I edit articles in future, as one wrong link can easily screw things up and make the process of "cleaning up" much more tedious and time-consuming. I've also realised that a lot of time and effort can be needed to keep things running smoothly, but in the end it's all worth it. - Hardrock182 15:56, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
How would you interpret the role of an Administrator, and what sort of role would you take within this wiki? For example, fighting vandals, correcting mistakes, writing the best content, writing policy, coordinating efforts, strengthening the community etc. Gboyers talk 22:07, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- From what I can tell, it is a "step up" from a Moderator; more tools and more responsibilities. Of course, I will just continue contributing in the same way that I always have, but now I can delete duplicate images, block vandals etc (although, I'm still aware that what appears to "vandalism" may actually be a user's mistake, but in recent months, actual vandals have made their intentions pretty obvious). I'm also going to try and get more involved in duscussions on talk pages, as well as try to complete some tasks, without being reminded to do so - as those are things that I don't do very often. - Hardrock182 15:56, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, as part of the Cleanup Project, I've corrected almost every link that wrongly led to the "Liberty City" disambiguation page, and also suggested how to fix the GTA London vehicles link in the GTA template, further reducing the Disambiguation list. - Hardrock182 15:56, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
Administrators are quite heavily involved in the rules and management of the wiki (although not in charge of it), so is there anything you would like to change about this wiki?
- Well, in my opinion, I think we should make new users more aware of the Policy and Wiki Style Guide, as over the past few months, we have had several users who registered and added things which were either, irrelevant, or required constant cleanup (due to bad spelling, wrong writing style, or not using a neutral point of view). I know that's part of our job as staff, but there's more important things for us to be getting on with. I've also noticed a couple of users who decided to make changes to articles based on their personal opinion about an aspect of it's layout, without using the talk page first. Apart from that, everything else is fine. - Hardrock182 15:56, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- I have no questions, but like I said last time, even if I'm not promoted, I'll still continue to contribute. - Hardrock182 15:56, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Of course not, pretty much anyone is encouraged to register and help/contribute, so if they had to ask before editing, then they may be discouraged from editing altogether - which would "hurt" the community aspect of this wiki. However, if for example, they think an article should be drastically changed or laid out in a different way, then they should discuss their thoughts on the article's talk page - to see whether people agree or disagree. - Hardrock182 23:50, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- In all honesty, I don't really feel that becoming an Admin would make me any more capable than I am right now. In pretty much any scenario, if I see a user who is providing information, but is presenting it incorrectly, then I could just, politely, direct them to the Policy and Style Guide via their talk page. - Hardrock182 23:50, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section.
The decision is NOT a result of this vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: