Difference between revisions of "Community:Promotion/IanPhoenix"
(Closed as successful)
m (Protected "Community:Promotion/IanPhoenix": Archiving: Closed as successful ([Edit=Administrators only] (indefinite) [Move=Administrators only] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 23:41, 12 February 2013
| This is a record of a successful nomination to become Staff.
Please do not edit the nomination, questions or comments sections of this page. Discuss on the talk page if neccessary.
- IanPhoenix, please reply with whether you accept or decline this nomination, and why. If you accept, please answer the questions below.
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
What do you think is the main role of Administrator?
- I believe administrators really have two main roles, both policing the site when necessary as well as continuing to provide beneficial edits to articles as well as talk pages.
What do you think is the hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of (whether a technical skill, a policy or just the way we do things here); how would you spot they were having difficulty; and how would you help them? Maybe explain what was the hardest thing you've had to learn whilst being here?
- The hardest thing for new editors is mostly the way we do things here, at least it was for me. I felt the policy is pretty similar to other wikis, and the technical stuff came later. At first, I didn't try to do anything too fancy, just a few small edits to get my bearings. I just wanted to get the feel for GTW and the acceptability of the other users, including administrators.
Becoming staff isn't a reward for good edits, it's a job and a responsibility. How do you feel you could help us, and why should we promote you to become Administrator?
- Being an Administrator, I would keep a more vigilant eye on recent edits for vandalism and anything else that may be incorrect or unnecessary. I would continue to communicate with other Administrators and management about any issues or anything I may have questions on. I would accept the higher responsibility, but definitely not take it for granted. A promotion to me would not change my attitude. Whether I receive it or not, my priority is still to make this site the best I can.
Are there any specific tasks, jobs or vendettas you perform around the wiki that you are particularly proud of?
- My proudest task that I've done is creating wanted pages in regards to GTA V. I have added a lot of content to help anyone else who may be curious and/or anxious of the upcoming release. I'm also proud of the current task I'm working on, which is reworking the random images on the main page.
Could you give one example of what you think is one of the best pages on this wiki, and a brief explanation of why you chose that. It should probably be an informational article, but you could use a list or category or similar if you explain why.
- At current, I think I like the Grand Theft Auto IV page. I've been playing the game a lot lately and have found this page and its descendants very informative.
Do you have any questions about the wiki, its staff or the role of Administrator, or any final comments before we make our decision?
- I don't really think I have questions at the moment. I have felt comfortable asking for help when I needed it in the past, and I really appreciate the help I've gotten. In particular, JFletcher and gboyers have been especially helpful. I will still continue to ask questions when I feel I need help on something. I'm sure once I see the Admin tools, should I be accepted, I may have questions about the use of some. But if I must ask one question, how about: Who's eager for GTA V?
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT decided by a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: