| This is a record of a successful nomination to become Staff.
Please do not edit the nomination, questions or comments sections of this page. Discuss on the talk page if neccessary.
I nominate User:Spaceeinstein to become a Moderator. Although he hasn't been here a massive amount of time, his/her high number of good quality edits, and thorough understanding of how the wiki works (from a user perspective), make them an ideal candidate for the moderator's job of patrolling the wiki and helping other users out. Gboyers talk 14:55, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Spaceeinstein, please reply with whether you accept or decline this nomination, and why. If you do, also answer the questions below.
I accept this nomination. I want to make this wiki as best as I can possibly can.--spaceeinstein 22:54, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
What do you think is the hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of (whether a technical skill, a policy or just the way we do things here); how would you spot they were having difficulty; and how would you help them? Maybe explain what was the hardest thing you've had to learn whilst being here? Gboyers talk 14:55, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- The hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of is writing about factual, relevant, and comprehensible information. People usually type in a casual way on the Internet, like not using correct spelling and grammar or going off topic. I would spot them having difficulty if they consistently type irrelevant information, worded information incorrectly, or having major grammatical errors. Usually I would edit the page to fix the errors but if they ask why I edit the way I edit I would reply what were their problems. The hardest thing I learned is to get used to the wiki notations instead of using HTML.--spaceeinstein 22:54, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Becoming staff isn't a reward for good edits, it's a job and a respoinsibility. How do you feel you could help us, and why should we promote you to become a Moderator? Gboyers talk 14:55, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- I would like to improve the wiki in more ways that I couldn't do as a regular user. I will always try my best to make pages I create and edit be as informative and accurate as possible.--spaceeinstein 22:54, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- I like to fix broken links if there is a link for it. If there isn't one but it's useful, I would create a page for one.--spaceeinstein 22:54, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Could you give one example of what you think is one of the best pages on this wiki, and a brief explanation of why you chose that. It should probably be an informational article, but you could use a list or category or similar if you explain why. Gboyers talk 14:55, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- There are so many pages, the recent one that I like is Clothing in GTA Vice City. It is nicely detailed and is very clean.--spaceeinstein 22:54, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for this nomination. This is such an honor for me.--spaceeinstein 22:54, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- I made a vote before I made this comment but my view remains the same. I have seen the edits of Spaceeinstein and they are of a very high standard. I believe he would make a very successful member of staff --Aussiebushmatt 20:10, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- I have read the nominations page and I am convinced spaceeinstain should be promoted
- Though I have never talked to User:Spaceeinstein I have seen his edit and they seem very informative for GTW.-User:BloodyGTA
- I daily watch this user make a large amount of good quality edits. This user is also a fast learner, as is reflected by the way he/she makes such quality edits after being here for a short amount of time. An example is that this user once manually moved a page (Cut & Paste), however, since I informed the user of the correct way to do this (contact a staff member), he/she has been responsible for many page moves (through talk pages and me actually making the moves), and the wiki could definitely benefit from this user having the "move" button, as well as the patrolling system/rollback. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 07:55, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- This user always shows good knowledge when he edits an article, and I'm all for having him as a member of the staff. --GTA 4 PC 16:19, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Spaceeinstein shows a thorough knowledge of GTA games, and appears to be editing in good faith. Also, another set of eyes helping out could never hurt ;) --GuildKnightTalk2me 04:44, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section.
The decision is NOT a result of this vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers.
Users in support of this promotion:
- --Aussiebushmatt 15:17, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- --Brettdude13 23:05, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- --Owen1983 00:54 10 March 2009 GMT
- --User:BloodyGTA Marcel Lopes 00:12, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- --Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 07:55, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- --GTA 4 PC 16:19, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- --GuildKnightTalk2me 04:44, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Users not in support of this promotion: