| Some of the information on this page might not be accurate.
Please help by correcting the information, finding sources to prove the information, or discussing the issues on the talk page.
|Part of this article are based on realistic Speculation and might not turn out to be correct.|
|This article needs to be re-arranged or reorganised to make it clearer and easier to read.|
|This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.|
All software goes through development stages, and Grand Theft Auto is no exception. This article lists all content cut from the final release of the game, planned contents that did not make it into the final game, and contents that are in the final game but are made inaccessible. These contents range from deleted vehicles and player skins to the removal of entire characters and mission strands. Information about these contents can only be inferred from game files, pre-release screenshots and videos, previews, and interviews with Rockstar's producers.
This article lists general content change information. See the following articles for specific content changes:
- 1 Grand Theft Auto 64
- 2 Grand Theft Auto 1
- 3 Grand Theft Auto 2
- 4 Grand Theft Auto III — Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- 5 Grand Theft Auto Advance
- 6 Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- 7 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- 8 Grand Theft Auto IV - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- 9 See Also
- 10 References
Grand Theft Auto 64
Grand Theft Auto 64 was a cancelled Grand Theft Auto game for the Nintendo 64.
Grand Theft Auto 1
- Originally Grand Theft Auto it was called Race'n'Chase. Race'n'Chase was not just the old name of GTA, but it was a different project, with some features that GTA does not have.
- One of the employees of DMA Design, "Mike Dailly, who worked in Grand Theft Auto I, launched two prototypes of this game, made by him in 1994-95.
- Accessible Trams were removed early in the games development for the San Andreas.
- Originally, the Superbike was supposed to be called "Bike".
- The antenna was removed from the TV Van.
- Limousine was called the Limo.
- Kids were probably supposed to appear ingame, because School Buses were cut.
- Tanker was called "Hi Explosive Truck", and later "Explosives Truck".
- The SWAT Van was cut from GTA. However, it can be seen in the official site in section "Special Cars".
Grand Theft Auto 2
- A weapon called the "Microwave" was removed.
- A weapon called the "Instant Vehicle Bomb" was removed.
- A weapon called the "ElectroBaton" was removed.
Grand Theft Auto III — Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto Advance
- The Barrel was cut from the final version.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- It's widely believed that Leon McAffrey, Salvatore Leone or Donald Love was to give a mission to the player to turn back against the Yardies and befriend a Irish-American gang that were also removed, which may explain why the Yardies attack Toni.
- Sindacco Sabotage has the players fighting the Diablo's, it is likely the mission originally involved the Sindacco's Sabotaging the player.
- The Liberty News cut-scenes were cut.
- Toni's casual clothes were a purple shirt with a green vest.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Bryan Forbes originally had a mustache
- According to screenshots, there was going to be a mission where Bryan and Vic were attacked by the Mendez Cartel.
- In the mission, Last Stand, there was an additional man that Vic had to kill other than Martinez and Diego Mendez.
- The Casual clothes were originally yellow.
- Tattoo Parlors, similar to those in San Andreas, were cut.
- The Army Fatigues originally read "USMC" on the shirt, meaning that originally, Vic would join the Marines instead of the army.
- The Fort Baxter Air Base said "Semper Fi" on one of the buildings.
Grand Theft Auto IV - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars