Content Changes in GTA Vice City
| Some of the information on this page might not be accurate.
Please help by correcting the information, finding sources to prove the information, or discussing the issues on the talk page.
|Part of this article are based on realistic Speculation and might not turn out to be correct.|
All software goes through development stages, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is no exception. This article lists all contents cut from the final release of the game, planned contents that did not make it into the final game, and contents that are in the final game but are made inaccessible. These contents range from deleted vehicles and player skins to the removal of entire characters and mission strands. Information about these contents can only be inferred from game files, pre-release screenshots and videos, previews, and interviews with Rockstar's producers.
- A character called Mr. Moffat was removed from the game.
- Tommy Vercetti wore a dark blue Hawaiian shirt .
- Ricardo Diaz's concept name was supposedly Fernando Diaz.
- Pastor Richards was scheduled to give protagonist Tommy Vercetti a mission.
- On Kent Paul's website, BJ Smith's concept name was possibly BJ Jones.
- Unused audio files suggest that Dwaine and Jethro were to make an appearance in "The Fastest Boat" for Ricardo Diaz.
- According to some screenshots, there was no Leaf Links in the beta
- Fort Baxter Air Base originally included an air traffic control tower and a runway. The runway is totally absent, but the tower can still be seen in the distance from Vice City Beach.
- The map at Sunshine Autos depicts several changes to the city before its final design. These include:
- Some roads were absent, notably the long road from the Downtown police station to the Ammunation.
- Hyman Memorial Stadium was absent.
- The northeast part of the Vice Point's beach did not exist.
- Vice Port had a waterway and ships were absent.
- There are no shacks in the sea.
- The rocks and lighthouse in Ocean Beach were absent.
- There were bus shelters around the city. The bus shelter model still exist within the game file.
- The Deli across from the Little Havana Police station had its large Exploder billboard replaced with a different, smaller one.
- A Grenade Launcher was cut.
- The beta MP5 looked shorter and very different, it can be seen in the intro of GTA Vice City
- The PSG-1 didn't have a silencer in the beta.
- There is a model and textures for an AK-47 in the game files. However, it has never appeared in any of the screen shots or trailers for the game. What some fans claim to be an AK-47 in one of the trailers, is actually the Ruger with its brown texture from the PS2 version of the game.
- There was a Tazer, a Nailgun and Landmines in the beta version, textures exist in the game files.
- The shotgun from GTA III was originally in the game.
- Shown on a poster featured in the flash version of the official website, there was a silenced Ingram.
- The M4 had a longer barrel and a different aim in the beta.
- There was originally a Steyr Aug in the beta version, files of it exist in the PS2 Version.
- Tear Gas was removed from Xbox, PC and later PS2 versions of the game.
- The ability to manage fuel in the car was cut
- There were many phone conversations between Tommy and Mercedes Cortez .
- There were many lines cut from characters such as Kent Paul, Umberto Robina, Mercedes Cortez, Mr. Moffat and BJ Smith in Sunshine Autos.
- Tires were able to be slashed and recorded into the stats. 
- An additional outfit called "MC Tommy" remains in the game, but no model or texture of that outfit exists.
- The Haitian gangster who wears the blue shirt used to have a picture on the shirt instead of the word "Relax". 
- There was once a blond haired prostitute with pigtails and a red skirt. She was supposed to appear around the streets of the downtown area, and dance in the Malibu Club as shown in several trailers.
- According to TXD files, a radio station named VCN (Vice City News) was cut late in the development.
- According to three TXD files, a first person view was proposed. 
- A Gamecube version was going to be made, but was scrapped. Reproduction carts do exist however.
- Tommy Vercetti
- Diaz Character Sketch 01. Rockstar North. official Rockstar North website
- Famous Faces. Kent Paul. official Kent Paul website
- Bus Shelter
- Bus Shelter Mod
- Page 13 of the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Manual, "Street Racing".
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Hidden Text FAQ. Robert Allen Rusk.
Tires slashed with a blade
- Page 5 of the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Manual, "Population and People".
- [FEC_FPC] First person camera""[FEC_FPR] Controls For First Person"".