Rear quarter view)|
A Coquette in GTA IV.
GTA IV |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door sports car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The Coquette closely resembles the Chevrolet Corvette C5 (1997-2004), albeit with revealed projector-style headlamps and altered fascias. The front fascia is closely reminiscent of the face-lifted Honda/Acura NSX (2002-2005) which shares the headlamp cluster design (the NSX sports a clear headlamp surround; the Coquette features a black surround), the radiator inlets, and the angular hood lines. The taillamps bear some resemblance to the Corvette where the running lamps overlap the brake lamps, while the reverse lamps and turn repeaters are embedded in the running and brake lamps respectively; the Coquette also has a high-mounted third brake lamp.
The dual exhaust exits overlap to mimic the taillight design (similar to early 2003 Gemballa Porsche models which used overlapping exhaust exits). Unlike the Corvette, the side vents on the Coquette do not extend the length of the door, and are finished with two silver accented strips. The car also features a rod antenna mounted on the roof. The Coquette features five-split-spoke alloy rims wrapped by low-profile sport treys, with brakes consisting of four very large, composite cross-drilled disc rotors also found on GTA IV's Infernus, Comet, and Turismo.
The interior design is closely related to that of the Corvette extended leather package: the bucket sports seats feature two-tone leather upholstery in black and yellow with "Coquette" embroidery and matching leather door finishers and leather-wrapped shifter lever; the car features a fully-carpeted parcel shelf suitable for small luggage.
The Coquette is a front/mid engine, rear wheel drive sportscar with a very powerful eight-cylinder power plant under the hood mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Like the Corvette, it is also fairly lightweight which lends the car its nimble and quick nature. The Coquette also reaches an top speed of 175 km/h (110 mph), which is one of the highest maximum speeds behind the Infernus and the Comet. The Sultan RS is the only car that accelerates faster. It has excellent braking and handling, even at high speeds. Combined with the strong engine, these points mean the Coquette is an excellent drifting car. While the Coquette has a fairly solid construction and damage resistance, the front/mid engine layout of the Coquette means it is specifically vulnerable to engine damage in high-speed front-end collisions; more so than mid-engine sports cars like the Turismo and Infernus. Due to its high-power and engine layout (where weight is more balanced than mid-engine cars), the Coquette suffers from excessively poor grip in wet conditions.
The Coquette has a unique white-and-red paint job available, similar to that of the 1984-1996 C4 Corvette featured in the television series The A-Team . This paint job, unlike most other unique paint jobs, can be sprayed onto any Coquette.
A Coquette is also requested as part of Stevie's Car Thefts, featuring a gray body color. As a new Coquette will spawn at the same spot until the player delivers one to S&M Auto Sales, the player can save one at their safehouse before delivering another. Stevie's photograph of the car is shown to have no badge or marque on its rear, implying it was not originally added earlier in game development.
The requested Coquette in Stevie's Car Thefts.
- "Coquette" is a term meaning a chatty flirtatious woman.
- While in its prototype stage, the real-life Corvette was originally referred to as the Coquette.
- On rare occasions police radio chatter refer to the car as being a Declasse than an Invetero, hinting that the car may had been intended to be a Declasse in a similar vein to the Chevrolet Corvette (Declasse is by large an in-game representation of the Chevrolet brand).
- In perfect condition, the Coquette can be sold at S&M Auto Sales for $4,100 after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts in GTA IV.
- In GTA IV, the default radio station in the Coquette is Liberty Rock Radio 97.8.
- Outside of S&M Auto Sales, there's stacks of rims, appearing to be off of the Coquette.
- Spawn in traffic during Multiplayer.
- Can be found along the Broker - Dukes Expressway.
- Occasionally can appear often around Westminster, Varsity Heights, The Triangle, The Meat Quarter, Suffolk, Middle Park, Easton (Algonquin), and South Slopes, Rotterdam Hill, Downtown (Broker), Liberty City.
- Has a very good chance of spawning anywhere at night driving another sports car.
- Can be obtained in the mission Payback; in a unique color; black with a gold trim.
- Parked in front of the church in Suffolk, Algonquin for Stevie's Car Thefts.
- Can appear in Brucie's Races, however killing the person and taking the car, will cause you to forefeit, and will lower Brucie's Respect for you by 3%.
- Can appear at Auto Eroticar if already in one.
- The Stinger and Stinger Z29, similar Corvette-based cars in GTA 1 and GTA 2.
- The Banshee, a sports car based on a C4 Corvette in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories.