Whispering Hills, Cottonmouth, Florida
Grand Theft Auto series (Referenced only)
|State:||Either Florida or Louisiana|
Cottonmouth may be situated on the west coast of Florida, as the police helicopter shares its colours with the Vice City Police Department Police Maverick helicopter, the Burrito, Stinger and Admiral cars have Florida license plates, and there are palm trees in several levels. The city is based largely on southern US cities, including New Orleans, Charleston, Atlanta, but not any one in particular. In addition, New Orleans was well known for its production of cotton. Because New Orleans is situated on the Mississippi River and Gulf of Mexico, it would be on a river mouth, hence, Cottonmouth. It is mused that Cottonmouth would exist in the same fictional world as the GTA III Era, because of overlaps and references within them. Cottonmouth is much more modern, cleaner and safer than Carcer City, with skyscrapers in the area of Downtown, domiciled houses and blocks.
References to Grand Theft Auto
- The Red Light District is similar to the Red Light District in Liberty City.
- Sewer System in Cottonmouth is much the same as the sewer system in Los Santos.
- Downtown Cottonmouth is similar to Bedford Point and Torrington in Liberty City and Downtown, Vice City. Some building models from Liberty City and Vice City are in Cottonmouth.
- The rich suburban district in the level Most Wanted is alike the Prickle Pine district in Las Venturas.
- The residential district in the level Domestic Disturbance is similiar to the Rockshore West district in Las Venturas.
- The studio back lot is alike the Red County in San Andreas.
- In the hidden interiors heaven in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas there are brothels similiar to the Bees Honey Pot.
- Some fictional medications seen advertised in Manhunt 2 also appear on yourmexicandoctor.com in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- Cottonmouth describes the feeling when someone's mouth gets dry, usually after smoking marijuana