Model files in Grand Theft Auto games since GTA3 have used the .dff extension. They are just one of a number of RenderWare binary stream files, used by Rockstar North on PC, Xbox and PS2 GTAs. Various tools and scripts can be used for a variety of 3D modelling programs in order to edit or create models for use in GTA games.
Tools and Scripts
- ZModeler 2
- 3DSMax/Gmax import/export
- Blender import/export
- LightWave export
- Dextool (2dfx export from 3DSMax)
- RWAnalyze by Steve M, may be used to obtain a detailed visualization and analyzation of the contents of RenderWare binary stream files.
- Original DFF format description by KCow
- RW Analyze discussion thread on GTAForums with lots of format descriptions
- Official RenderWare Site