The Diamonds are featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony wherein they are involved in many scenarios also involving the protagonists, Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Fernando Lopez as well as many others. Detailed below are the many different scenarios that take place involving the diamonds and the different people that gain possession of them each time. The diamonds are the main purpose which led to the Impossible Trinity in GTA IV and Diamonds Forever in TBOGT achievements.
Below explains how the diamonds went around Liberty City, who was involved with them and why.
Nobody who struggled for the diamonds ever owned them permanently Apparently, all of the protagonists in GTA IV and both episodes never accomplished in permanently owning the diamonds in their storylines, apart from stealing them. Most everyone aside from the GTA player characters that had physically touched the diamonds are killed between the three games, either in a directly related way, or in some unrelated mission.
In addition, the original owner of the diamonds was Ray Bulgarin, though he was the owner, he was killed by Luis for getting revenge on him. Below are the consequences of the people that stole and owned them. The consequences are been based on the storyline.
The McReary family, like Ray were also working for the Pegorino's, and they had Niko, who was a friend of the McReary's kidknap Gracie Ancelotti, friend of Tony and Luis in order to force them to exchange the diamonds for Gracie herself. Packie and Niko met with Luis and Tony on Charge Island. Bulgarin however, showed up to capture his diamonds and ordered his men to attack Niko and Packie. Luis and Tony fled with Gracie, but Niko and Packie took down Bulgarin's men and chased the goon holding the diamonds. When Niko and Packie caught up with him, he selfishly dropped them into a waste truck to ensure nobody could have them. Niko and Packie left empty-handed.
Note the following missions are been sorted in chronological order of the timeline.
- Opening cutscene of GTA IV.
- Diamonds in the Rough (TLAD) and Frosting on the Cake (TBOGT)
- Taking in the Trash (GTA IV)
- Meltdown (GTA IV)
- Museum Piece (GTA IV), Collector's Item (TLAD) and Not So Fast (TBOGT)
- Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend (GTA IV) and Ladies Half Price (TBOGT)
- Departure Time (TBOGT)
- Mentioned on Weazel News (radio).
- Everybody who touched or held the diamonds besides Niko, Johnny, Luis, and Tony have been killed. Ironically, Jerry Kapowitz was not involved in any way, and never even knew of their existence, but was eventually the one to have them for himself.
- Where the diamonds ended up is not chronologically correct. On the Liberty Tree website the diamonds were supposedly heading to the dump (after which one of Bulgarin's men threw them onto the back of a truck). However Jerry Kapowitz finds them in the trash at the Monoglobe in Meadows Park, either they were somehow transported to the bin, or it is a minor retcon.