Rear quarter view)|
A Dilettante in GTA IV.
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door hatchback|
The Dilettante is depicted as a compact four-door hatchback based on a 2004-2009 Toyota Prius, with headlights from a Citroën C4. According to a radio advertisement in the game, the Dilettante is worth $39,999 brand new.
The Dilettante, powered by a small (<2L) petrol engine along with an electric motor, is coupled to a 5 speed gearbox in FWD configuration. Acceleration, predictably, is well below average; taking the Dilettante upwards of 10 seconds to reach it's top speed, which for an electric/gas hybrid is rather brisk. Handling can be described as fair, though understeer is very noticeable. The suspension is firm enough to cope with high speed cornering, while soft enough to tackle Liberty City's rough streets. Braking is very good, and ABS is standard across the line. Crash deformation is acceptable, though engine build quality is below average. In all, the Dilettante is an underwhelming vehicle, unsuited to high-performance applications such as high-speed chases or escapes, or ramming other vehicles.
- The word dilettante means a dabbler in fine arts, or a connoisseur. It can also mean amateurish or superficial.
- The two default radio stations in the Dilettante are IF99 - International Funk and K109 The Studio.
- One will be part of Stevie's car requests, located near a cafe in Dukes.
- It usually can spawn anywhere in Liberty City, but commonly in Broker and Dukes.
- Commonly spawns at Auto Eroticar in Alderney.