Difference between revisions of "Dinghy"
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
Revision as of 15:43, 9 July 2013
GTA Vice City |
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Vehicle type||Civilian watercraft|
Motorized dinghy (GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories; GTA Chinatown Wars)|
Rigid-hulled inflatable boat (GTA IV)
1 (GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories; GTA Chinatown Wars)|
4 (GTA IV)
The Dinghy is a small boat which appears in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Grand Theft Auto V.
Throughout its appearances, the Dinghy is primarily distinguished by its inflatable hull, but is further categorized into two designs:
- In GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City Stories and GTA Chinatown Wars, the Dinghy is designed as a small inflatable boat with two rear-mounted motors, being one of the smallest boats in the games. Due to its size and lightweight construction, the boat is nimble and maneuverable, and has the potential to reach a moderately high top speed. Despite its construction, inflatable portions of the Dinghy do not deflate or burst when shot.
- In GTA IV, the Dinghy resembles a military RHIB (Rigid-Hull Inflatable Boat), is available with any one of three attachment configurations (one of two two radar configurations or nothing at all), and can hold a maximum of four people. The boat inherits various traits of the original dinghy variant, although the boat is moderately heavier and has a more average top speed (42 mph/67 km/h).
GTA V, in first official gameplay video.
- In GTA San Andreas, the default radio station in the Dinghy is CSR 103.9.
- In GTA San Andreas, there's a visual effect glitch that has Carl go into an "invisible chair" sitting position for one second as he changes the radio station. This happens because there is no animation for changing the radio while standing, only while sitting. This also happens with Tropic.
- In GTA IV, The Dinghy serves as an "antagonist" boat in most missions, where the Squalo serves as a "protagonist" boat.
- In GTA IV, the default radio station in the Dinghy is Liberty Rock Radio 97.8.
- GTA Vice City
- At the dock between Avery's construction site and Leaf Links after completing "Phnom Penh '86."
- At the dock between Avery's construction site and Malibu Club after completing "Phnom Penh '86."
- GTA San Andreas
- On water near Pier 69, San Fierro
- On water at bottom of Mount Chiliad, Whetstone
- Under southmost bridge between Bone County and Tierra Robada
- Next to a rock wall, just south of the Sherman Dam, Tierra Robada.
- Pier of the Sherman Dam, Sherman Reservoir
- A dock just west of Las Brujas.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- GTA IV
- Around Port Tudor, Alderney.
- Docked on a pontoons around Happiness Island.
- On the waterways of Liberty City.
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- Next to a dock off the western coast of East Island City, Dukes.
- Next to a wooden dock in Hatton Gardens north of the Civilization Committee, in Algonquin.
- Boat, a similarly designed boat in GTA 1.
- Coast Guard Dinghy, a modified version of the Dinghy in GTA Chinatown Wars.