Carl Johnson, Kent Paul and Maccer in the desert
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Target||Rescue of Kent Paul and Maccer|
|Location||The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas, San Andreas|
|Unlocked by||You've Had Your Chips|
Don Peyote is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by pot-growing hippie The Truth from outside The Four Dragons Casino, a casino located along The Strip in Las Venturas, San Andreas.
Carl receives an unexpected phone call from The Truth. Apparently, he, a band and their manager went on a "peyote safari" in the desert last night. He tells Carl that he's in Los Santos, not knowing how he got there, and he doesn't know what happened to the other people. So, he instructs Carl to go to Arco del Oeste and pick them up, making sure they're safe.
Carl grabs a vehicle and heads out to Bone County. Once atop Arco del Oeste, he starts looking for the band's frontman and the manager by shouting. The band's frontman, Maccer, directs him to where he and his manager, Kent Paul, are. Apparently, they passed out from all the drugs, while Carl offers them a ride to town. Kent Paul tells Carl to take them to Caligula's Palace where his friend, Ken Rosenberg, is working.
Carl picks up a vehicle that can at least seat the two of them and fetches the two, since Maccer can't walk much. Carl and Kent Paul ask where are the other members of the band; Maccer narrates that he only remembers snakes, so Carl takes them to the Snake Farm west of Verdant Meadows. Once there, a few people notice Maccer and Kent Paul; they did some things to them last night, so they shoot at the three with guns. They escape to their vehicle, and Carl takes them to Rosenberg's place at The Strip.
Once there, they go inside and make their way to the office. They find Ken, who's apparently in a tough situation. Kent Paul introduces him to Maccer and Carl. Rosenberg then explains he's in a very depressing and tough situation right now. Every Mafia family is pressuring Rosenberg, and, to make things "worse", Kent Paul is here to witness it. Kent Paul decides to give Carl a call later, in case they need help.
As Carl goes outside the casino, he calls Wu Zi Mu. Carl has thought of a plan to explore Caligula's without being too suspicious for the planned heist. He'll meet him soon.
- After the player has picked up Paul and Maccer, Paul will say that he's not feeling right, in response, Maccer will delibertely suggest that he should eat innappropriate food. As a result, Paul will demand that the player pull over and he will literally get out of the car and vomit. If the player does not pull over, Paul will vomit in the vehicle, triggering some interesting dialogue.
- If the player lets the cowboys chase them to the casino, a fight would ensue between Paul, Maccer, CJ and the chasers.
- There is cut dialogue that suggests Maccer would've urinated during the ride.
*Maccer does urinate.This happens if player linger around for a long time or using a slow vehicle to carry them like the Securicar.
- Despite being a relatively major plot point, the player does not ever find out what had happened to the rest of the 'Gurning Chimps'. It is presumed that they are playing together again as in 1998, Head Radio DJ Michael Hunt comments about one of their recent concerts in Liberty City.
- The name of the mission is likely a reference to the novel Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.
|PS2 Version||PC Version|