There are 50 drug wars, similar to TLAD's Gang Warfare introduced to Luis by Armando Torres after completing the mission Corner Kids. Their starting locations are marked on the map by pill icons. They require Luis to join Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas in building their drug empire, by stealing it from other drug gangs in a variety of ways. They become progressively more difficult, but the money earned increases as well. Every 10 Drug Wars completed gives the player a respawning weapon in Luis' safehouse.
The Gangs of drugwars
Each of these gangs drive their vehicles with unique paintjobs usually reminiscent of the gang's colours.
The Drug Wars missions come in a range of types:
- Hijack - These missions require the player to steal a stationary drug loaded vehicle, often located within a drug gang's compound. These often require the player to eliminate the drug gang in order to safely steal the vehicle.
- Convoy - These missions require the player to steal a moving drug vehicle, normally only protected by the car's passengers. These are the easiest of the missions, but the player must take care not to destroy the vehicle, otherwise the drugs are destroyed with it, failing the mission.
- Stickup - These missions require the player to crash a drug deal between two gangs. The player must obtain a gang's drugs, and optionally the other gang's money with the drugs in a duffel bag carried by one of the gang, in their compound. The player must eliminate the gang one by one until the drugs are dropped. On harder missions the dealers will attempt to escape, and if they do, the mission is failed.
- Stash - These missions require the player to steal a gang's drug stash, which is located within their perimeter.
All types will involve the gang chasing the player whilst driving to the drop off point. If the player moves too far from the drugs, or the dealers holding the drugs escape, the mission is failed.
Also, on rare occasions, the drugs can sometimes seem to have nobody guarding them. However, this turns out to be a police sting, and the player must evade a two-star wanted level.
- 10 Wars complete: A Pistol .44 spawns on the table of Luis' safe house.
- 20 Wars complete: An Advanced Machine Gun (M249) spawns in the kitchen of Luis' safe house.
- 25 Wars complete: The 'Snow Queen' achievement, worth 20G is unlocked.
- 30 Wars complete: An Automatic Shotgun, loaded with Explosive Shells, spawns in the kitchen of Luis' safehouse.
- 40 Wars complete: Sticky Bombs spawn in Luis' safe house.
- All (50) Wars complete: A Gold SMG spawns in Luis' safe house.