Dumpsters are large bins used for storing waste and rubbish. Dumpsters have appeared in all GTA Games but only in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars have thay had an actual intended use. In Chinatown Wars, the player can go up to a red or green dumpster to search it. A minigame will start in which the player remves trash bags from the dumpster t find items. Green dumpsters contain a number of items, whilst red dumpsters contain weapons hidden by the Triads. Once a dumpster has been searched, you can come back to it some time later to searh it again.
These dumpsters contain an odd assortment of items, many of which do nothing:
- Hotdog: Restores the players health to full.
- Hamburger: Restores the player health to full.
- Mouldy Hotdog: The player can eat it, but it does nothing.
- Mouldy Hamburger: The player can eat it, but it does nothing.
- $10 Note: Gives the player $10.
- Dildo: Does nothing.
- Boot: Does nothing.
- Fish Head: Does nothing.
- Condom: Does nothing.
These dumpstere contain weapons that the Triads store around the city for emergencies. You can get the following weapons out of them: