El Burro (GTA III)
|Full Name||El Burro|
|Home||Hepburn Heights, Portland, Liberty City|
Massimo Torini (1998, deceased)
Sicilian Mafia (1998, former)
Donkey Does Dallas|
Possibly XXX Mags
|Voiced by||Chris Phillips|
El Burro is a character in the 3D Universe appearing in Grand Theft Auto III (set in 2001) and is mentioned by drug baron Ricardo Diaz during the mission Supply & Demand in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (set in 1986). He is the leader of the Diablos gang in Liberty City and is believed to be a former porn star. He is voiced by Chris Phillips, who also voiced Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory owner/manager Marty Chonks.
El Burro has been involved in the porn industry from at least 1986 in an unknown capacity, although most likely as actor, being mentioned by Ricardo Diaz during the mission Supply & Demand in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, shooting his VCR for 'eating' his favourite El Burro movie. It is unknown whether he later leads the Diablos in their attempts to enter Liberty City, siding with the Sicilian Mafia and starting a turf war with the Leone, Forelli and Sindacco Families in the Red Light District and Hepburn Heights. He leads the gang into taking control of Hepburn Heights, although Toni Cipriani stopped them from taking the Red Light District. At some point he also enters into a gang war with the Uptown Yardies after their derogatory remarks about Queen Lizzy.
In 2001 he employs Claude to help his pornography business, including the sale of Donkey Does Dallas by collecting the volumes. He supplies magazines to XXX Mags in the Red Light District, which he may own. He also has Claude kill a number of Leone Family mobsters in Atlantic Quays with an ice cream truck and later has him kill a number of Triad gangsters using a flamethrower.
- GTA III
- Turismo (Voice/Boss)
- I Scream, You Scream (Voice/Boss)
- Trial By Fire (Voice/Boss)
- Big'n'Veiny (Voice/Boss)
- Characters of the same name appear in Grand Theft Auto 1 and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, but since the games are of two different storylines and canons, they are not the same characters and only references to previous games.
- An artwork of El Burro appears in Grand Theft Auto IV and was first seen during the games second trailer, Looking for that Special Someone.
- "El Burro" means "The Donkey" or "The Stupid one" in Spanish.
Full view of the El Burro artwork on a wall in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- El Burro, a character in Grand Theft Auto 1
- El Burro, a character in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars