Rear quarter view)|
An Elegy in GTA San Andreas.
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The Elegy is a 2-door sports coupe featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Elegy is based off the third generation Nissan Skyline GT-R, which is only sold officially in Japan and is rarely ever seen in the US market. It bears a striking resemblance to the R32 model with R34 taillights, although the front resembles the Skyline R31 GTS-R because the front seems to be more squarer in shape compared to the rounder 4WD Skyline GTR R32. The Elegy is rear-wheel drive, unlike the well known Skyline GT-R, which is all-wheel drive, even though the GTS-t (a lower grade model with less power) is rear-wheel drive.
Acceleration, speed, and handling are very impressive, although slight burnouts and fishtailing can be a nuisance while speeding about the city, as the engine tends to overpower the drivetrain, threatening it to spin out if attempting to turn in corners. This also makes the car virtually unmanageable at high speeds after a back tire has been shot out, making it extremely difficult to maintain control. However, it is one of the best cars to to drift with. Despite the small chassis, the Elegy is capable of withstanding a good deal of damage, but explosions must be avoided.
The Elegy's engine looks and performs very similar to the Sultan's, and is probably also a twin-turbo straight-6.
- Paint Jobs (3 paint jobs)
- Exhausts (Alien and X-Flow)
- Front Bumper (Alien and X-Flow)
- Rear Bumper (Alien and X-Flow)
- Roof (Alien and X-Flow)
- Spoilers (Alien and X-Flow)
- Side Skirts (Alien and X-Flow)
- Car Stereo
- Nitro (x2, x5, x10)
- The Elegy is used by the San Fierro Triads as one of their gang cars, alongside the Sultan and the Stratum, which are also both tuners.
- The default radio station in the Elegy is CSR 103.9.
- Due to the lower height of its driver's seat, CJ will kick the car's occupant when stealing the car.
- According to the Social Club section of the Grand Theft Auto V website, the coveted vehicle is only available to Social Club members.