Rear quarter view)|
An Emperor in GTA San Andreas.
GTA San Andreas |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and three passengers)|
|Manufacturer||Albany (GTA IV)|
In GTA San Andreas, the Emperor, based on an 1990-1993 Infiniti Q45, represents a then contemporary large four-door sedan, with a lean design and somewhat rounded profile.
In GTA IV and GTA V, the Emperor is based on a '78 or '79 Cadillac Deville or Fleetwood, judging by the front bumper, with a flattened front end and no hood ornament, and is given an Albany badge. The greenhouse is closer to a 1980-1984 Deville/1980-1986 Fleetwood; the rear could also be from these cars since their trunks have more subtle creases (the Emperor has extremely subtle creases on the trunk). It features a "beater" version of the Emperor, with junky paint finishes, worn interiors, an occasionally missing quarter panel, damaged headlight, broken left indicator and old wheels and tires.
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
GTA IV (Rear quarter view).
Two shots of the Emperor from the GTA V trailer.
Acceleration and speed of GTA San Andreas' Emperor are somewhat disappointing, as are handling and braking. The engine sounds as though it is a large V6 or V8, but is apparently incapable of delivering substantial power to the bulky, rear-drive vehicle. Using the E-brake around corners almost guarantees fishtailing, making this car almost useless when driving at high speeds. It is, however, a sturdy vehicle with low chances of roll overs, and does a fairly good job of absorbing damage.
GTA IV's Emperor is powered by a low-output V8, coupled to a 5 speed gearbox in RWD configuration. Due to its weight and low-power engine, the Emperor is quite slow off the line, and its top speed of 140 km/h (87 mph) leaves much to be desired (while the beater Emperor can only reach 125 km/h (77 mph)). Its soft suspension often results in its rear swinging out of control and subtle fishtailing. Braking is very poor, and strangely, for a vehicle that's designed to be reminiscent of late 1970s/early 1980s cars, ABS is available, although not standard. Crash deformation is below average, and build quality is surprisingly low: as the Emperor cannot sustain much damage before failing or catching fire.
Customization in GTA San Andreas
The Emperor in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, where it is offers a wide range of parts:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- The Emperor was going to be called the Empress.
Some of the information on this page might not be accurate.
Please help by correcting the information, finding sources to prove the information, or discussing the issues on the talk page.
- The Emperor plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- In GTA IV, there is also a car manufacturer called Emperor, a Lexus parody, but the Emperor car is made by Albany, a Cadillac parody (which is more fitting for this car). Yet the GTA San Andreas rendition seems to be more fitting for the Emperor brand since it is a Japanese luxury car.
- After completion of Stevie's Car Thefts, Emperors can be sold at S&M Auto Sales for $2,500 each if delivered in perfect condition, regardless of whether the Emperor delivered is a regular variant or a beater variant.
- In GTA IV and GTA Chinatown Wars, the tail end of an Emperor is incorporated into an Emperor advertising in Star Junction. It is meant to emulate the real-life Cadillac signage on display on 2 Times Square since 1998.
- The dynamic advertisement in Star Junction shows a slightly different model of the car, although hard to see. It appears to have a different front end, with the grille being more prominent and a slightly different bumper, and clearly, a higher ride height, along with what looks to be wheels off of the Virgo.
- GTA San Andreas
- Commonly found in San Fierro
- Used in "Wear Flowers in Your Hair", the first mission in San Fierro in which Carl Johnson hires Dwaine and Jethro to work in the garage in Doherty.
- GTA IV
- Commonly found around the Dukes area. (Both beater and normal version of the car).
- Commonly found in and around Varsity Heights.
- A black Emperor with an random luster effect spawns beside a building at the Francis International Airport, after the player completes "Dust Off".
- The beater variant can be found parked in Bohan Industrial, Bohan, just west of the Dukes Bay Bridge.
- Spawns at Munsee Ave. in Downtown, Broker. It usually appears in front of a Habanero.
- A beater variant with a unique roof color (lime green) might appear as a transport during one of Little Jacob's deliveries.
Lists Vehicles in Categories Related topics Sports, muscle and
SUVs and utility Four-door cars Two-door cars Vans Industrial trucks Lowriders Public service Railway Government and emergency Offroad vehicles Fixed-wing aircraft Helicopters Bicycles and motorcycles Watercraft Remote controlled (RC) Trailers Countryside Miscellaneous Beta Sports cars and supercars Muscle cars and vintage Four-door carsAdmiral | Buffalo** | Chavos | Cognoscenti | DF8-90 | Dilettante | Emperor | Esperanto | Feroci | Hakumai | Ingot | Intruder | Lokus | Marbelle | Merit | Oracle | Pinnacle | PMP 600 | Premier | Presidente | Primo | Regina* | Schafter**** (Stretch E)** | Solair | Stratum | Stretch | Sultan | Super Diamond** | Vincent | Washington | Willard Two-door cars SUVs, pick-ups, and vans Commercial & industrial Public service Government and emergency Motorcycles Boats Helicopters Miscellaneous Cut* = The Lost and Damned only. ** = The Ballad of Gay Tony only. *** = TLAD and TBOGT only. **** = Different versions between GTA IV and TBOGT.
Vehicles in GTA IV (Category) | Vehicles in The Lost and Damned (Category) | Vehicles in The Ballad of Gay Tony (Category) | Vehicle Brands | Vehicle Types | Special Vehicles | Beta Vehicles
Boats Commercial Compacts Coupes Cycles Emergency Helicopters Industrial Military Motorcycles Muscle Off-Road Planes Sedans Service Sports
Sports Classics9F | 9F Cabrio | Alpha* | Banshee | Buffalo | Carbonizzare | Comet | Coquette | Elegy RH8 | Feltzer | Fusilade | Futo | Jester* | Khamelion* | Massacro* | Oracle | Penumbra | Rapid GT | Rapid GT Soft Top | Schwartzer | Sentinel | Sentinel XS | Sultan | Super Diamond | Surano
Coquette Classic* | JB 700 | Manana | Monroe | Peyote | Pigalle* | Roosevelt* | Stinger | Stinger GT | Tornado | Z-Type
Super SUVs Utility Vans