Unlike the Buffalo, which was featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, it is not based on a Chevrolet Camaro, but is actually based on a Police Edition Ford Mustang GT (and as with most cars some things have been rearranged, most noticeably the taillights, headlights and rear license plate). Despite the fact there are advertisements of the Buffalo around the city, the car does not come in a civilian model.
The Buffalo's computer system has full access to the LCPD database. Every function that the computer terminal has in an LCPD car is also present in the Buffalo. As in LCPD vehicles, the player cannot listen to civilian radio stations or complete those missions which involve meeting with criminals outside.
The Buffalo is not as tough as might be expected from its appearance or name. It has a flimsy construction and succumbs rather quickly to machine gun bullets, a possible reason being the car is required to go fast, and as a result has a light chassis. The FIB Buffalo has two sets of blue and red emergency lights, one set in the front grill, the other in the rear windshield. Unlike the previous Buffalos, the FIB Buffalo does not use a V8 engine, rather a modest-sounding six-cylinder. The FIB Buffalo is one of several in GTA IV car manufacturer Bravado's car lineup.
The FIB Buffalo is only seen when the player earns a Wanted Level of at least four stars, or activates a cheat code.
- An easy way to get one is to steal one and drive to your safehouse in the mission "To Live and Die in Alderney".
- Another easy way to get one is to go to the littlelacysurprisepageant.com page in your Algonquin's safehouse computer and then wait until they send an FIB team. If they send a NOOSE team, reload the game and try again. When they send an FIB team, just exit the house, kill the enforcers, and park it.
- The FIB Buffalo has both blue and red lights, (whilst the LCPD car has white and red), because the emergency car colours, red and blue, are illegal in Liberty State (New York State, this explains why LCPD/NYPD cars have red and white lights). Because it is a federal car, it is exempt from the law.
- FIB Buffalo (GTA4) (rear).jpg
Rear quarter view.
- FIB Buffalo.JPG
Front view of Buffalo, depicting the frontal emergency lights mounted on the grille...
...and those mounted on the rear.
- Special Agent Car, GTA 2 equivalent.
- FBI Car, GTA III equivalent.
- FBI Washington, GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories equivalents.
- FBI Cruiser, GTA Liberty City Stories equivalent.