The FIB Buffalo is based on the current generation Dodge Charger Police Package, and as with most cars some things have been changed and rearranged. Most noticeably the taillights, headlights and rear license plate have been changed; also the front fascia has some subtle similarities to the 2005–2009 Ford Mustang. Despite the fact there are advertisements of the Buffalo around the city, the civilian version of the car is not available in both GTA IV and The Lost and Damned. However, The Ballad of Gay Tony features both a civilian Buffalo and a Police Buffalo.
As with most police vehicles in GTA IV, The FIB Buffalo's computer system has full access to the LCPD database, allowing the player to use the car for the Most Wanted and Vigilante side-missions. As with any other public safety vehicle, the player cannot listen to civilian radio stations, take the vehicle to a Pay 'n' Spray or car wash, or complete missions which involve meeting with criminals.
The FIB Buffalo is only seen in specific missions (see #Prominent appearances in missions), or when the player attains a wanted level of at least four stars or activates a cheat code (see #Locations).
The FIB Buffalo comes to the scene packing a supercharged 6-cylinder engine mated to a 4 speed gearbox this provides good acceleration and a satisfying top speed.The Buffalo is not as tough as might be expected from its appearance or name. It has a flimsy construction and is highly susceptible to firearm attack; a possible reason being the car is required to go fast, and as a result has a light chassis.While significantly speedy, the car's overpowered engine tends to result in the car's constant skidding after executing sharp cornering.
Prominent appearances in missions
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- The Lost and Damned
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- The FIB Buffalo has two sets of blue and red emergency lights (one set in the front grill, the other in the rear windshield), whilst LCPD cars use white and red. Red and blue are illegal for use as emergency car colors in Liberty State (New York State, this explains why LCPD/NYPD cars have red and white lights); it can be deduced that because the FIB Buffalo is a federal car, it is exempt from the state's laws.
- In TLAD it is driven by all of the corrupt police officers in the mission Bad Cop Drop, which is strange as two of the named ones are a LCPD Task force set out to watch the Angels of Death but when ambushed they are accompanied by the F.I.B .
- Equally unusual is the note that all other undercover police units seen in GTA IV and the expansions also use the Buffalo, which, it being a federal vehicle and also a rather highly priced vehicle, would be extremely unlikely.
- An easy way to obtain one is to go to the littlelacysurprisepageant.com page on the Algonquin safehouse computer and then wait until they send an FIB team. If they send a NOOSE team, reload the game and try again. When they send an FIB team, just exit the house, kill the enforcers, and park it.
- An FIB Buffalo can also be spawned via a cheat code by dialing (227)-555-0100 on the player's phone. This works in both GTA IV and its DLCs.
- Has a good chance of chasing the player in Bohan after receiving a 4 or more star wanted level.
- Special Agent Car, GTA 2 equivalent.
- FBI Car, GTA III and GTA Advance equivalents.
- FBI Washington, GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories equivalents.
- FBI Cruiser, GTA Liberty City Stories equivalent.
- Buffalo and Police Buffalo