Rear quarter view)|
A Feltzer in GTA San Andreas..
GTA San Andreas |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door coupe/convertible|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Benefactor (GTA IV)|
The Feltzer is a sports car featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. In each game it is a two-door car with a high top speed, each based on different models of Mercedes-Benz two-door coupes. The car is manufactured by Benefactor in GTA IV.
GTA San Andreas
In GTA San Andreas, the Feltzer is a convertible, and is based on the real-life Mercedes-Benz R107 that was produced from 1971-1989, specifically the 380SL cabriolet.
The Feltzer has a good top speed but rather slow acceleration, and its handling is unsatisfactory as its high speed and light weight act against it.
The Feltzer in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, but features very limited modification options.
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- Usually found in west Los Santos, much of San Fierro and occasionally in Las Venturas.
- Parked in a highway stop in southeast Flint County, near Back o' Beyond (Only available when wanted for export)
- Importable from Easter Basin, San Fierro after completing export lists for $28,000.
GTA IV — GTA V
In GTA IV, the Benefactor Feltzer is a luxury-sports convertible and is based on a fifth generation Mercedes-Benz SL. There are several variations of the Feltzer convertible in GTA IV; Feltzers may be seen with a folding hardtop, like the real life SL, with a softtop convertible, or with the roof stored beneath a tonneau cover. Some are equipped with a badgeless black mesh grille, while others feature a standard three-bar grille with Benefactor badging. The rims are similar to those used by Brabus, a third-party Mercedes-Benz tuner.
A Feltzer is glimpsed, largely unaltered in design, in the first trailer for GTA V.
A Feltzer in first GTA V trailer.
The GTA IV rendition of the Feltzer is powered by a supercharged 3.8L V8, coupled to a high-performance 5 speed gearbox in RWD configuration, and the eighth-fastest car in the game, and the slowest of the sports cars. Acceleration is decent (with a tendency to cause wheel spin), and it has an enjoyable top speed of 145 km/h (90 mph).
The Feltzer has also been noted for being one of the best drifting cars in the game due to its low level of Traction Control. The suspension is firm and responsive, keeping the Feltzer flat in the corners, albeit with some oversteer at high speeds. These qualities provide an accurate respresentation of the unforgivable nature the Mercedes' coupes provide. Braking is good, and ABS is an available option, though not standard. The Feltzer withstands high-speed frontal crashes well, thanks to its luxury build, and can sustain numerous frontal hits without failing or catching alight. The Feltzer is, however, highly susceptible to bullet damage.
A unique pink convertible Feltzer owned by Gracie Ancelotti appears during "...I'll Take Her", when the car is used by the player to kidnap Gracie for ransom. Upon completion of the mission, the car is driven away to be disposed of.
The player can gain possession of this Feltzer to keep by immediately killing the driver after hiding Gracie in the safehouse, but the player must be quick as it will disappear after about 30 seconds; an ideal method is to snipe the driver promptly as he leaves with the car. Alternatively, it can be acquired by firing a gun across the street from Gracie's house before meeting her, she will run off, but the Feltzer will stay in the driveway. Do NOT respray this Feltzer, as you will never be able to achieve this paint color again.
- Spawns in the traffic around Hove Beach, Cerveza Heights, The Exchange, Star Junction, The Triangle and Middle Park.
- Ocassionally spawns at Auto Eroticar parking lots.
- The name of the Feltzer may be a play on the sexual act of "felching".
- An early iteration of the Feltzer in GTA San Andreas, with headlights and front turn signal lights more alike those seen on Mercedes-Benz R107s, is depicted on a hung picture inside the Driving School.
- In GTA IV, if the player takes a Feltzer with its roof down to a car wash, the vehicle will be washed by hand.
- In GTA IV, players will note that the hardtop Feltzer doesn't have side windows, so you will hijack it by just opening the door, similar to the 'beater' Vigero, and the Peyote.
- In Mafiya Work, in one of the tasks Petrovic tells the players to get a pink Feltzer for his daughter.
- The Feltzer plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- In GTA San Andreas, a bulletproof, damageproof, explosion-proof and fireproof Feltzer can be found (and is used) in the final storyline mission, "End of the Line", during which the player and Sean Johnson must chase Officer Tenpenny in the car.
- Patrick McReary is seen driving a bright red Feltzer in his GTA IV character trailer.
- Gracie Ancelotti is mentioned in GTA IV to be in the process of selling her bright pink Feltzer. During "I'll Take Her", the car is used as a kidnap vehicle and would later be disposed off by Stevie after Gracie is dropped off at a hideout.