Firefly Island is an amusement park in southern Broker, featuring several rides such as the Screamer. It is bordered to the north by Crockett Avenue (Hove Beach), to the west by the Humboldt River, to the south by an unnamed body of water, and to the east by Shinnecock Avenue (Beachgate).
Despite being called an island, it is actually physically connected to the Broker mainland. The park is closed as of 2008 for unspecified reasons. Banners hung in the area imply the area is closed for the season, and Michelle commented during her first date with Niko Bellic that there was interest in developing the site. Local businesses, however, such as a bowling alley and hot dog stands, still operate.
Liberty City's Firefly Island is the equivalent to New York's Coney Island. At least four rides in the park draw inspiration from real life Coney Park rides. Coney Park's Wonder Wheel Ferris wheel is recreated as the Liberty Eye, Dante's Inferno appears as the Corpse Ride, The Cyclone roller coaster serves as the basis of the Screamer, and an unnamed tower based on the Parachute Jump is located to the western edge of the fairground.
Places of interest
Being a beachside amusement park, the entire area of Firefly Island can be considered a place of interest; however, specific attractions located within its boundaries include the Funland amusement park off Oneida Avenue, the Memory Lanes bowling alley along the boardwalk, and the boardwalk itself, roughly stretching from Mohawk Avenue to Shinnecock Avenue.
Firefly Island also features a miniature golf course (located behind the Screamer roller coaster ride) that includes models of landmarks appearing in other cities based in GTA and earlier GTA games. Among them, the Ocean View Hotel from Vice City (GTA: Vice City and Vice City Stories); a Watts Towers look alike, a Santa Maria Beach lighthouse and a bridge from Los Santos (GTA: San Andreas); the "World's Largest Cock" from Las Payasadas and a windmill from rural San Andreas (GTA: San Andreas).
- Before climbing the double stairs to reach Firefly Island proper, look to your right and you'll see a go track racing ring. It is partially covered by wooden slats as well as a chainlink fence. If you enter the go cart area, you should be able to find a pistol drop close to the edge of of the building on your left, close to the word "karts" on the wall.
- On the boardwalk, under the shelter just west of the bowling alley, some molotov cocktails can be found.
- Firefly Island Screamer.jpg
The Screamer roller coaster.
- Firefly Island (GTA4) (Liberty Eye).jpg
The Liberty Eye Ferris wheel and a portion of western Funland.
- Firefly Island (GTA4) (Funland east).jpg
The eastern half of Funland, littered with idle rides.
- Firefly Island (GTA4) (miniature golf course).jpg
The miniature golf course with scale models of landmarks from previous GTA games.
- GTA IV - Mini Golf GTA Homage on YouTube.