The Forklift is a small and light vehicle, meaning it can not sustain a high velocity hit without being knocked over. Steering can be a problem, due to its rear-wheel steering. In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, it goes faster in reverse than it goes forward. While the lift is functional in the GTA: San Andreas and GTA: Vice City Stories rendition, there is no apparent way to raise or lower the lift in GTA IV. Also, the GTA IV rendition of the forklift houses a tank of what seems to be propane, which, if shot at, may result in the tank leaking ignited gas or burning and resulting in the explosion of the entire vehicle.
The Forklift is used during the Robbing Uncle Sam mission in GTA: San Andreas, with Carl Johnson loading boxes of firearms into a truck at a National Guard armory in Los Santos.The Forklift also plays a small role in the mission, Breaking the Bank at Caligula's mission. As Carl Johnson Opens the garage for Zero and the team during the bank heist. Whilst in GTA: Vice City Stories Victor Vance uses the forklift to load Phil Cassidy's boomshine onto Phil's Walton before a factory blows up, during the mission Boomshine Blowout.
GTA San Andreas
- Spawns in Ocean Docks, Los Santos
- By the docks in Easter Basin, San Fierro
- By the factory in Angel Pine
- Las Venturas Airport in Las Venturas
GTA Vice City Stories
- By a factory west of the Vice City Port Authority building in Viceport
- Happiness Island, just off the boat wharf adjacent to Algonquin.
- Acter Industrial Park parked on the streets and around many buildings.
- Sometimes on the small dead end near 8-Ball.