Henry Bolt, Colonel of the 66th Cavalry stationed in Fort Carson, in 1842 led them towards Las Barrancas. The entire force fell into a hole on their journey. A tribute, the Barrancas Mass Grave, stands in memory of Colonel Henry Bolt and his forces. 
It is the county seat of Bone County, as indicated by the small red building in the main street, having been significantly undeveloped as of 1992. North of the town is Lil' Probe'Inn, as well as Area 69, The Big Ear, Green Palms and Regular Tom, while to the south is the Martin Bridge and Red County. West of Fort Carson is Tierra Robada, while to the east is Hunter Quarry. There is an Ammu-Nation and Cluckin' Bell just outside of town. Fort Carson also boasts five Motels. A miniature version of the Vinewood sign is perched upon a hill on the eastern side of the town, though the name is changed accordingly.
Despite being the largest existing town in Bone County, the majority of Fort Carson, like many other rural towns within the county occupies low-rise businesses and residential homes. The desert and subtle country folk flavour of the vicinity contrasts to the glamour and glitz of Las Venturas, only a few miles away. No gangs occupy the area as of 1992, while the crime rate is very low, giving the town a much more positive reputation, unlike those of Glen Park and Verona Beach, where crime persists daily. The architecture of the vicinity is not so spectacular, consisting of small trailer parks and mass block structures. Unlike similar areas such as Montgomery or Blueberry, Fort Carson concentrates more on residential homes rather than large industrial complexes and businesses.
- Fort Carson Sign
- Fort Carson Safehouse
- Fort Carson Medical Center
- Fort Carson sheriff office
- Hi K69 Radio Station
- Pay 'n' Spray
- Astro Drive In Cinema
- The Bowled Spot
- U Get Inn Motel
- No. 1 Desert Home Furnishings
- Lovin' A Loan
- Powertool Paradise
- King Ring
- Deluxe Clean & Laundry
- Sprunk and Snacks vending machines
- Bank (unknown which)
- Gateway Motel
- Multiple Rancher/Freeway spawn points
- Several Sanchez/Wayfarer spawn points
- Beagle - Incorrectly placed partially inside a house
- Burrito- Common as an industrial area exists near Fort Carson
- Pizza Boy (rarely)
- The default radio station around the vicinity is K Rose.
- On the very edge of north-western Fort Carson is a small tunnel. The tunnel is located slightly north of the Fort Carson Safehouse as you go down the steep incline towards the water, and it ends near the highway that leads to the Sherman Dam and Regular Tom. It is one of the many locations in-game to collect a Police Bribe.
- Fort Carson is probably named after Carson City, the capital of Nevada. There is an actual "Fort Carson" in Colorado Springs, Colorado, although it is a military base.
- As a nod to the overall theme of the town, a stately civic building in the center of Fort Carson is modeled after the original Cochise County courthouse in Tombstone, Arizona. Tombstone is well-known for the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, which epitomized the lawlessness of the American Old West.