Forum:GTA Chinatown Wars is non-canon.
Even though Rockstar havent officially said this yet (they never do state which are canon and which aren't) but it is obviously non-canon. it isn't realistic, Liberty City is basic and boring, and Rockstar Leeds just had a look at some names on the police database in GTA IV, found Huang Lee, and created a shit story around it. It is just a cash-in game.
Theres no way the next GTA game will reference CW ever happening, for Liberty City seen in GTA IV to be reduced to something like that is annoying.
it would nice to see Huang in a proper GTA game though, maybe as a friend and such. he sounds cool. Delo19xcrowbarx 07:22, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
You are wrong. Accept it. Chinatown Wars IS canon. Put it to bed.-- Tornmuscle 07:32, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
No, i am right when i say it is probably non-canon, not officially yet but still. What confirmation says it is canon?
- It's everyone else against one. Why do you want to fight your way through?--spaceeinstein 07:58, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
Just so you know, Mr NT, the story you are so repulsed by was written by Dan Houser and David Bland. Dan Houser has been partly responsible for writing every GTA game since III, and Bland helped write the two Stories games. So it's not just R* Leeds mashing a story out of made up names on the database. Bluesboyjr 13:41, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
just because the game is shit doesnt mean its non-cannon . the only reason why they made chinatown wars is so it can have GTA IV era game on the portable consoles. what i want to know is why people are saying its non - cannon ,its got the same city and some characters. whats next people are going to be saying The Lost And Dammed and Ballad Of Gay Tony are non- cannon aswell . CMON PEOPLE!!! use your common sence.--Lozzy94 13:48, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
Chinatown wars does not have any GTA IV characters or relevance. When Rockstar wrote the story for GTA IV, both the TLAD and TBOGT were written into it for the DLC's, they were always planned from the start. Chinatown Wars was never planned into the GTA IV era when Rockstar wrote the full plot. CW is a spinoff and nothing more, the GTA IV era is next generation. I very much doubt that if Rockstar continue the GTA IV era into the next full game, they will bother mentioning CW.
i agree its a spin-off, but a lot of spin - offs are cannon .Also rockstar had plans for it thats why huang lee is on the data base with grand theft auto as a criminal charge. i think the grand theft auto criminal charge, i really dont think its a coinsidence that all the other protagonist have grand theft auto charged aswell.--Lozzy94 14:05, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
Rockstar never had plans for it. Huang Lee was just another random name on that database like all the others at that point. All Rockstar leeds did was look at the database and worked a story around that name, along with the accociates of that name. It is not a coincidence. If Huang Lee was never put on there, CW may not have been made, or it would not even be about chinatown. All GTA III rea games were planned, CW was never planned, if it was, it would have been made [proplerly on a PS3 or 360.
- You have no proof for your theory. GTA CW was written by Dan Houser, produced by Leslie Benzies and executive produced by Sam Houser - three Rockstar bigwigs who have been with the GTA series since III and before. It's not just something Rockstar Leeds mashed together. Bluesboyjr 15:27, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
- They overseen the development just to make sure it was a decent game for the DS. It was co-written with some other guy, and Dan Houser writes most things even if they are nothing to do with GTA, he wrote Bully for example but that is meant to be the same gameworld so, he got paid to write CW, i would do it, it wouldn't be hard, its not 1000 pages like GTA IV, it probably took him a couple of days big deal, and the producers obviously it will be the bigwigss because they get money from it and all they have yo do is say: " yes that is good lets sell it". They have no input into actual development and it wasn't written into the GTA IV era, it is a spinoff and all spinoffs are regarded as non-canon.
- So that would make GTA LCS and VCS non-canon to the GTA III era as well then? They're as much of a spin-off as GTA CW. Bluesboyjr 15:55, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes u are right, although LCS and VCS look like the other GTA III era games, CW is just too different and doesn't belong in the GTA IV era, it exits on it's own, in its own universe. But yes, LCS and VCS were never written into the trilogy of GTA III, Vice CIty and San Andreas.
- How is it so different? The city is almost the same, except it is flatter, more grid-based and lacking Alderney due to hardware constraints. That's like saying the Star Wars prequel trilogy isn't canon with the original trilogy because it has better special effects. Bluesboyjr 16:16, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Whatever, think what u want, I think it isn't canon and u think it is. Star Wars? wtf, i dnt care about that crap, this is a GTA wiki. In the end, GTA V, should it continue the GTA IV era will most likely ignore CW because it isn't fit to be in the GTA IV era because of how it looks, and the realism of it.
first of all i want to say , screw you star wars is fuking awesome!!! and second of all would you consider grand theft auto advance non - cannon to the gta 3 era? --Lozzy94 11:10, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
All GTA games are canon. Mods are non-canon. Enough said. -AlSar 11:15, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
@Lozzy94. In my opinion star wars is shit so dnt say screw u because it is just my opinion, screw urself. And, yes, GTA advance is a pile of crap and is completely non-canon to the GTA III era, GTA 3 makes no references to it and it was set before GTA 3, Rockstar actually didn't make it they only published it. CW is non-canon, in my opinion OK, i dont believe Rockstar will reference events in CW if they continue the GTA IV era into GTA V.
all I have to say is... lol. and Mike from GTAA was awesome, best protagonist ever! beats the hell out of Niko Delo19xcrowbarx 09:30, August 8, 2010 (UTC)