Forum:One Man Army
One Man Army Is an Achievement in Grand Theft Auto IV. The Xbox 360 and PC achievement rewards 40 points towards gamerscore, and the PlayStation 3 trophy is silver. This achievement is obtained by surviving a time of five minutes with a six star wanted level. This achievement becomes locked if the player uses the following cheats:
267-555-0100 (no wanted level)
- An easy way to get it is hide in the first patient room in the hospital located in Algonquin. Use the "Add 1 wanted level". Crouch and NEVER stay next to the windows. Take a good weapon, like an assault rifle, and keep aiming at the door. If one cop get in, you shoot. Wait the 5 minutes and you should get the achievement. Ididitforthelulz
- It is extremely difficult to just drive around the city with a six star wanted level. A good way to achieve this without much work is when Algonquin is unlocked, but Alderney isn't (make sure that the Middle Park East Safehouse is unlocked too). What the player must do is drive near the police barricade on the Hickey Bridge and snipe one of the police officers from a distance. That will immediately give you a six star wanted level. Then quickly jump into your car or on your bike and head to the Middle Park East Safehouse. Jump out of your car, walk through the front doors and go to the elevator that gets you to your room. Now you are untouchable (unless if you accidentally walk to the yellow arrow) and all you have to do is wait for five minutes or until you achieve this. Do not get onto the computer or watch television because it will just pause there and start where you logged on. And especially DO NOT get on your bed and save the game because you will lose that wanted level.
- Here is a video showing an easy way to get six stars and immediately hide somewhere untouchable.
- Happiness Island is a great place to go for this if you have enough ammunition. The place is loaded with civilians, and you'll meet little resistance aside from the handful of respawning security guards. Meanwhile, they'll keep sending helicopters over which you can dispatch at your leisure, especially as the only building on the island makes for a perfect fort, including a soda machine for health. It's extra fun to get on the docks and snipe the loads of police officers running towards you, into the water like lemmings. After you get bored or run out of magazines, you can escape on a boat and the chase will drag it out for an even longer time until you can escape.
- Another easy way to get the achievement if you have the higher grade weapons (i.e. the Combat Shotgun, Carbine Rifle, etc) is to hold your self up at the Cluckin' Bell at Star Junction. There is only one way for the cops to get at you, and there's good cover to blast them away as they come. Refer here for help.
- If you actually want to evade the police, get a strong yet fast vehicle such as the Patriot in Algonquin before unlocking Alderney. Drive straight through the barricade (along the side) on the bridge, not the Booth Tunnel. This will automatically give you six stars. Continue heading straight and you will be on Plumber's Skyway. It is a long highway with gradual turns and it's easy to maintain speed. You can see police vehicles ahead of time and change lanes to avoid them. When you near the end of the highway before it goes back down into the streets, use one of the openings to turn around and go the other way.
- An Easy way to achieve this goal is after you unlock Algonquin and before unlocking Alderney and Steal a Chopper like the ones used by the heli tours and Fly over Alderney which gets six stars wanted level and choppers after you, but they won't be a problem if you fly really high and the NPC piloted choppers don't go far up as Statue Happiness and because of that they won't be able to shoot at you and after you have achieved your goal and if you unlocked Playboy X pent house you can land on the roof, go inside and save and you'll lose all wanted stars.
- The easiest way to achieve this goal is by using the Wanted Level Up cheat and staying in a safe house that requires a elevator to get to the room you can just sit there for those 5 minutes or run along to do somethings and with little to no hassle you'll achieve the One Man Army achievement/trophy
- Here is another way. Wait for Algonquin to be unlocked and get a vehicle and powerful weapons and body armour before the shootout. Get to the TW@ cafe in Algonquin and go to littlelacysurprisepageant.com on the computer to get 5 stars and continue shooting cops until 6 stars appear. Now, get to your car and drive to where the subway goes underground. Now, you should see some orange fencing where some wall should be, so drive, through the fencing, onto the tracks and keep driving until you see the tri-junction by the Algonquin Bridge and hide out there. If you leave the search raidius before you reach the junction, go back in the raidius and stay put and be careful of passing trains. After 5 minutes or so, the One Man Army achievement/trophy should pop up. Main worries are: killed at TW@ or before reaching car, killed in fireball after been slammed into a train, or been killed by Ratman, although it's VERY unlikely. TOP TIP: at the cafe, throw molotovs at the door, so cops can burn alive but be warned! it could backfire and you could burn alive