|Full Name||Franklin Clinton|
House in Strawberry, Los Santos (until 2013, co-owner)|
3671 Whispymound Dr in Vinewood Hills, Los Santos (from 2013)
Unnamed mother (deceased)|
Denise Clinton (aunt)
Tavell Clinton (cousin)
Andre Barnes (friend)|
Nicolson Bell (friend)
Demarcus Bradley (friend)
JB Bradshaw (friend)
Lamar Davis (friend)
Dana Ellis (friend)
Tanisha Jackson (friend, ex-girlfriend)
Stretch (friend until 2013)
Daryl Knox (friend)
Jamal Reynolds (friend)
The Families (gang member)
Sacha Yetarian (former co-worker)
Simeon Yetarian (former employer)
Dom Beasley (friend, 2013)
Lester Crest (friend from 2013)
Jimmy De Santa (friend from 2013)
Michael De Santa (friend from 2013)
Steve Haines (former employer)
Beverly Felton (former employer)
Dave Norton (former employer)
Trevor Philips (friend from 2013)
Devin Weston (former employer)
|Voiced by||Shawn "Solo" Fonteno|
Franklin grew up in the inner city of Los Santos attending Davis High School until leaving in 2010, and coped with a mother who smoked crack cocaine and later died of a suspected overdose. He then moves in with his aunt Denise and later became a member of The Families along with childhood friend Lamar Davis, later being arrested for dealing drugs. At the age of fourteen he kissed Tonya Wiggins at a Burger Shot and is arrested for public exposure, blaming racial profiling for his arrest. His only known serious relationship was with Tanisha Jackson, although they split up due to Franklin's involvement with gang culture. Tanisha later began dating Jayden, a rich doctor, much to Franklins confusion as he had begun to move away from the gang lifestyle. He and Lamar gained employment at Premium Deluxe Motorsport working for Simeon Yetarian as repossession agents alongside Sacha Yetarian.
Franklin and Lamar prove capable repossession agents with Franklin winning an Employee of the Month Award. He even manages to break into the De Santa house, sneaking past Amanda De Santa, Kyle Chavis and Carlos, in order to repossess a BeeJay XL purchased by Jimmy De Santa. His father Michael, however, hides on the back seat and holds Franklin at gun point, forcing him to drive into the company showroom, which results in Franklin and Lamar being fired. Michael, feeling sorry for Franklin, offers to buy him a drink.
Franklin and Lamar, without any means of income, kidnap D, a Ballas gang member, in order to demand a ransom although the plan is later abandoned. Lamar, who D had identified, gives his dog Chop to Franklin to look after. The two later team up with recently parolled Harold "Stretch" Joseph and go to a recycling center to purchase drugs. Upon arrival Franklin recognises the dealer, D, although the deal is interupted by the police, which more than likely saved Franklin and Lamar's life as Stretch had planned for the two to be killed off by waiting Ballas gangsters.
Franklin decides to take Michael up on his offer of a drink and visits his house. Their conversation, however, is interupted with Jimmy phoning to say that Michael's yacht had been stolen with him in the helm. The two rescue Jimmy but can not recover the boat, with Michael promising to keep Franklin in mind for future "jobs". Franklin later helps Michael destroy a stilt house in Vinewood Hills, believing it belonged to Kyle Chavis who Michael had caught cheating with his wife. The actual owner, drug cartel kingpin Martin Madrazo, convincing them to pay for the repairs. The two, needing $2.5 million, meet with Michael's old friend Lester Crest and, with three other accomplices, rob Vangelico's Fine Jewelry in Rockford Hills.
While escaping, Franklin is stopped by a man who Michael tells to forget them in a way he had used nine years earlier. This is later reported on the news and is heard by Trevor Philips in Sandy Shores, a small town north of Los Santos. Trevor, believing Michael to be dead, has Wade Hebert ivnestigate before finally confronting him. The three agree to work together to steal an unknown piece of military technology being guarded by Merryweather Security Consulting. The three succeed but are forced to dump their stolen goods. Franklin and Trevor also help Lamar in attempting to purchase more drugs, which again turns into a Ballas ambush although the three manage to escape.
Corrupt FIB agents Steve Haines, Dave Norton and Andreas Sanchez, who had forced Michael into doing their work, later bring Franklin and Trevor into their criminal activities. The three are forced to kidnap Ferdinand Kerimov from the IAA building and steal IAA bonds, in an attempt to convince the federal government not to cut FIB funding.
Haines later informs Devin Weston, a multi-millionaire businessman and investor, about their abilities and Weston hires them (later deciding against using Michael) and Lamar to steal two exotic sports car, a Z-Type, a JB 700, before delivering them to him. During this time Franklin also begins to work for Lester, performing various assassinations in order to help Lester correct certain wrongs while allowing him to also make a profit by buying certain stocks. With the profits Lester buys Franklin a house in Vinewood Hills and has his things moved to his new house. Franklin's aunt, Denise, then changes the locks of their house and refuses to allow Franklin back in.
Agent Haines then informs Franklin, Michael and Trevor that he wants them to perform a terrorist attack on the FIB building, in order for Haines to obtain further funding for the FIB, although they must raise the funding themselves. They then research and rob the Blaine County Savings Bank in Paleto Bay, holding off the local police and military personnel in their escape, while also managing to kill the remaining O'Neil brothers. Franklin, Michael and Trevor then agree to do one final heist but their plans are put on hold when Trevor discovers the truth of what happened nine years prior. Trevor threatens to kill Michael leaving Franklin and Michael, with two other accomplices, to perform the terrorist attack without him after Franklin rescues Michael from the Triads, who had kidnapped him believing he was Trevor's lover.
Michael and Trevor's feud continues when they both agree to help Franklin rescue Lamar, who had kidnapped while attempting to buy more drugs at a sawmill in Blaine County, which had been set up by Stretch. Lamar is successfully rescued but Franklin is then asked to kill Trevor by Agents Haines and Norton, thinking Trevor is too unpredictable while Michael at least is sensible, while Devin Weston asks Franklin to Michael. Michael and Trevor, oblivious to the demands put on Franklin, decide to put their differences aside to pull off one last robbery at the Union Depository. Their plan is successful and the group each leave with a substantial pay packet.
Franklin is then left with the decision of whether to kill Trevor, kill Michael or save both, which is left to the players choice. If Franklin decides to kill Trevor, he chases Trevor into an oil field and with help from Michael kills Trevor. If Franklin decides to kill Michael, he chases Michael to a factory before pushing Michael over a small barrier half way up a chimney stack with the fall killing Michael. If Franklin decides to save both Michael and Trevor, the three take out a number of FIB agents and Merryweather mercenaries. Michael then kills Stretch, Franklin kills Wei Cheng, and Trevor kills Haines before kidnapping Weston. After driving to a secluded location the three push Devin Weston's car, with Devin in the trunk, into the Pacific Ocean. They then agree to remain friends but end their professional relationships.
- GTA V
- Franklin and Lamar
- Marriage Counseling
- Casing the Jewel Store
- Carbine Rifles (if the "loud" option was chosen)
- The Jewel Store Job
- Mr. Philips
- Hotel Assassination
- The Multi Target Assassination
- Three's Comapny
- By the Book
- The Merryweather Heist
- Masks (can be completed using Franklin, Michael or Trevor)
- Boiler Suits (can be completed using Franklin, Michael or Trevor)
- Trash Truck (can be completed using Franklin, Michael or Trevor)
- The Long Stretch
- Hood Safari
- Blitz Play
- I Fought the Law
- Eye in the Sky
- The Vice Assassination
- The Bus Assassination
- Paleto Score Setup
- Military Hardware (can be completed using Franklin, Michael or Trevor)
- The Construction Assassination
- Deep Inside
- The Paleto Score
- Monkey Business
- Surveying the Score
- Pack Man
- Fresh Meat
- Cleaning Out the Bureau
- Architect's Plans
- The Bureau Raid
- The Wrap Up
- Lamar Down
- Driller (can be completed using Franklin, Michael or Trevor)
- The Big Score
- Something Sensible (if the player decides to kill Trevor)
- The Time's Come (if the player decides to kill Michael)
- The Third Way (if the player decides to save Michael and Trevor)
- Strangers & Freaks
- Pulling Favors
- Pulling Another Favor
- Pulling Favors Again
- Still Pulling Favors
- Shift Work
- Pulling One Last Favor
- Paparazzo - The Sex Tape
- Paparazzo - The Meltdown
- Paparazzo - The Highness
- Paparazzo - Reality Check
- Grass Roots - The Pickup
- Grass Roots - The drag
- Risk Assessment
- Liquidity Risk
- Targeted Risk
- Uncalculated Risk
- Exercising Demons - Franklin
- A Starlet in Vinewood (can be completed using Franklin, Michael or Trevor)
- Brett Lowrey (assassinated on orders from Lester Crest)
- Jackson Skinner (assassinated on orders from Lester Crest)
- Isaac Penny (assassinated on orders from Lester Crest)
- Elwood O'Neil (killed for attempting to kill Trevor Philips after Trevor had killed a number of his brothers)
- Enzo Bonelli (assassinated on orders from Lester Crest)
- Michael De Santa (if the player chooses to kill Michael)
- Trevor Philips (if the player chooses to kill Trevor)
- Wei Cheng (if the player chooses to save Michael and Trevor)
- Devin Weston (alongside Michael and Trevor, if the player chooses to save them)
- Esteban Jimenez (can be killed during Repossession)
- Simeon Yetarian (can be killed during a random event)
- Chad Mulligan (can be killed during Eye in the Sky, although a subsequent bleet from Mulligan means that he is meant to survive)
- MC Clip (can be killed during Hood Safari)
- Beverly Felton (can be killed during Paparazzo - The Reality Check)
- Peter Dreyfuss (can be killed during A Starlet in Vinewood)
- Tao Cheng (can be killed during The Third Way)
- Bigfoot (can be killed during The Last One)
Franklin's special ability is to slow time down while driving allowing for more accurate cornering and sharp turns.
- Franklin is the only protagonist to survive all three endings to GTA V.
- Franklin, if the player chooses to kill either Michael or Trevor, becomes only the second protagonist to kill another protagonist after Trevor Philips who killed Johnny Klebitz.
- Franklin's licence plate is "FC1988", which suggests he was born in 1988. If this is correct it suggests that Franklin was held back during high school as he owns a school year book from 2010, which would make him 22 years old when graduating.
- Franklin may or may have been religious recognising a Biblical quote from Michael during Marriage Counseling, correctly naming the part of the Bible the quote comes from.
Poster showing Franklin and Chop.