The Freeway is a motorcycle that appears in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and Grand Theft Auto IV.
The Freeway is the second and third fastest bike in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, respectively. Due to its heavy weight it is not suitable for stunts or off-roading, however its speed makes it an enjoyable bike for regular street riding. The Freeway resembles a classic Harley-Davidson motorcycle in all its incarnations. The Angel is similar to the Freeway, its only visible difference being its patriotic paintjob.
In GTA IV, the Freeway sports a Western Motorcycle Company brand and conventional handlebars, distinguishing it from more radically designed choppers.
- Freeway (GTASA) (front).jpg
- Freeway (GTALCS) (front).jpg
- Freeway (GTAVCS) (front).jpg
- In GTA IV, some game files (handling.dat and POLICE_SCANNER.rpf) name the Freeway as "Bobber", although there already is a vehicle named "Freeway" in POLICE_SCANNER.rpf. "Bobber" may have been the Freeway's name in the GTA IV Beta.<ref>common\data\handling.dat>bikes>BOBBER</ref><ref>pc\audio\Sfx\POLICE_SCANNER.rpf\MODEL\MOD_BOBBER</ref><ref>pc\audio\Sfx\POLICE_SCANNER.rpf\MODEL\MOD_FREEWAY</ref> "Bobber" is a term that refers to a type of modified motorbikes somewhat similar to "choppers".
- Upon collecting all thirty vehicles for Stevie, he agrees to purchase vehicles from Niko Bellic. The Freeway may be sold to him for $2,000.
- The Freeway plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
- Usually found in Fort Carson.
- Spawns randomly in The Panopticon, Red County (Parked)
- Found in the Xoomer gas station in Flint County, near the RS Haul depot.
- Parked outside Hippy Shopper in Queens, San Fierro (Starts a courier mission)
- Parked outside Bike School in Blackfield, Las Venturas after achieving all bronze in Bike School
- Found at most truck-stops and gas stations throughout Tierra Robada and Bone County
- Spawns regularly around The Strip, Las Venturas
- Spawns regularly in the countryside and in the desert
GTA Liberty City Stories
- In the parking lot east of Carson General Hospital in Rockford, Staunton Island
- In the parking lot behind the Staunton Island Safehouse in Newport, Staunton Island
- Beside Papa's 12 Inch and a public phone booth in Belleville Park Staunton Island
- In the parking lot at Francis International Airport in Shoreside Vale
GTA Vice City Stories
- Though it is somewhat harder to find than the other two chopper bikes, the Hellfury and Zombie, the Freeway can still sometimes be found in a specific part of the city. The Freeway can usually be found near the player's Safehouse in South Bohan, though it can be found elsewhere in Bohan also.
- Can be found parked in front of The Willis Wash and Lube car wash in Willis, Dukes, when Stevie ask's you to collect one.
- Very common in Multiplayer, often spawning around the airport.