Friendships in GTA IV
- This article refers to maintaining major friendships in GTA IV. For the minor characters Niko meets in the street, see Random Characters
After performing so many missions for someone, eventually they will become Niko Bellic's friend. After becoming friends, the player may engage in specific activities with that character, including bowling, going to a strip club, and going for a Pißwasser beer. From that point onward, the player may either call their friend on Niko's Cell Phone or send emails to hang out. Hanging out with friends is a fun way to work on relationships with certain characters so that eventually their "friend benefits" are unlocked. Niko can also increase his friendships through certain storyline missions.
- Get a bite to eat at any Burger Shot or Cluckin' Bell throughout Liberty City.
- Get hammered and ready to call a cab in the bars in Hove Beach (Broker), Steinway (Dukes), Purgatory (Algonquin), or Hatton Gardens (Algonquin). Being seen driving drunk will get you wanted stars. It may take more than one try to call a cab whilst drunk because the taxi driver may not respond to your calls.
- Drive to one of the Bowling Lanes in Purgatory (Algonquin) or Firefly Island (Broker) to go Bowling.
- Seek out the Pool Hall in Schottler (Broker) and play some Pool.
- Throw some Darts at the Irish/German Pub in Steinway (Dukes) or the one in Purgatory (Algonquin).
- Find one of the Strip Clubs in Northern Gardens (Bohan) or Tudor (Alderney) to catch some lap dances.
- Visit the Cabaret Club in Hove Beach (Broker), the Club in North Holland (Algonquin) or the Comedy Club, Split Sides, in Star Junction (Algonquin).
- You can go with Brucie Kibbutz and two of his lady friends on helicopter and boat trips throughout Liberty City.
- Occasionally you will be called to give someone a lift; this usually happens when a friend gets injured.
Note: Sometimes a friend's benefit will not be available, due to excessive use or being blocked during certain missions.
- Little Jacob - Drives to a secluded location near the player with a car's trunk full of guns to purchase at a discount (60% off). Niko can do this during a mission. The best times to call for activities are between 1pm - 4am.
- Roman Bellic- Sends a cab to pick Niko up and take him anywhere for free (albeit at the driver's annoyance). Following Roman's Sorrow, this benefit will be unavailable for several missions (as his depot has been burned down). The car service will be avaliable after completion of the mission Blow Your Cover, when Roman buys a new fleet of cabs. After Mallorie calls to report Roman missing, Niko cannot hang out with him until he rescues Roman in "Hostile Negotiation".
- Brucie Kibbutz - Picks Niko up with his helicopter and takes him wherever the player wants. Due to the landing procedure, he only picks Niko up and drops Niko off at pre-designated locations (usually on a roof top), so Niko may have to land at a distance from the actual target and then walk the rest of the way there. The best times to call for activities are between 7am - 1am.
- Dwayne Forge - Sends a car with two armed men who will follow and help Niko in combat. In order to unlock his friendship, the player must first not kill him during The Holland Play and later respond positively to an e-mail he will send (some time after he will invite Niko out). The best times to call for activities are between 11am - 1pm.
- Patrick McReary - Supplies Niko with a car bomb which can be placed under any car and detonated using Niko's phone. The best times to call for activities are between 3pm - 6am.