The Glendale is a car that is in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, San Andreas, and Vice City Stories. It is a four door car used by gangs in both of the games, predominantly in San Andreas (the Varrios Los Aztecas); where it is common to see this car and its occupants taking part in a drive-by shooting. Along with the Broadway, Hustler, Tornado, and the Voodoo, they don't appear to have fuel caps but will explode if shot on the back license plate, perhaps indicating that the car's fuel cap is behind the license plate like some cars in real-life. Big Smoke drives a Glendale with a blue body and a white roof, which plays a small role in several missions (mostly as transportation from his home to the mission location). Smoke's number plate says "I MY AK" meaning he is his own AK 47. This is further hinted at in the mission Nines and AK's when he boasts about being the best there ever was. "I'm ice cold!"
The Glendale is relatively fast for a car of its class, and handling is easy, mostly because of the car's higher than average weight. Destroyed Glendales can be found around the San Andreas countryside. It commonly features a two tone paint scheme (the roof being white). The front resembles a 1955 Buick Special and the back and sides (including the roof) resemble a 1961 Dodge Polara.
The "Ghost Glendale" is a variation of the Glendale in which the car is damaged, cannot be fixed, and cannot be modified. They have been seen spawning in several places in San Andreas, especially between the two horseshoe shaped rocks in Back O' Beyond. See Myths in GTA San Andreas for more.
- Often seen driving around in Downtown
- Many located around the horseshoe area in Back o' Beyond
- Near the gas station northwest of Cock Rock
- Two are located in the ditch east of Lil' Probe'Inn
- Inside the Angel Pine Junkyard
- Inside the farm west of Blueberry Acres
- Often seen driving around in Ganton
Vice City Stories
- In front of the Le Singe d'Arbre (the future Café under the Tree), Little Haiti
- Parking lot to the east of the funfair, Vice Point
- To the west of Pay 'N' Spray at the white building with a blue glass front, Ocean Beach
Car Modification (GTA: San Andreas)
- Color (two areas)
- Wheels (ten types)
- Nitro (All)
- Bass Boost