Rear quarter view)|
A Glendale in GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City |
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passenger)|
GTA Vice City — GTA Vice City Stories
Designed as a 1950s/1960s sedan, the Glendale appears to be the result of joining two halves of two different real-life cars; the front resembles a 1955 Buick Special while the back and sides (including the roof) resemble a 1961 Dodge Polara. While commonly featuring a two tone paint scheme (the roof being white), a Glendale in GTA San Andreas has a color variation that is totally red though. The roof color can also be modified in GTA San Andreas via TransFender.
Along with the Broadway, Hustler, Tornado, and the Voodoo, the Glendale in GTA San Andreas does not appear to have fuel caps but will explode if shot on the back license plate, perhaps indicating that the car's fuel cap is behind the license plate like some cars in real-life.
GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
A comparison of the Glendale's side profile with the Oceanic's.
GTA Vice City Stories (Rear quarter view).
Added in the "I'm Not a Hipster" Update, the Glendale has been completely redesigned. No longer resembling a 1960's American Sedan, it's now based on a 1973 Mercedes Benz W114. It is manufactured by Benefactor.
In terms of performance, the car is only average, with an average top speed, mediocre acceleration, moderate endurance and average cornering. The vehicle's power-to-weight ratio may be a contributing factor to its below-average acceleration, as the car is heavy but posses a weak engine, and as a result, is also a poor hill climber.
The Glendale is a common gang car, predominantly in GTA San Andreas (the Varrios Los Aztecas); where it is common to see this car and its occupants taking part in a drive-by shooting. In addition, Big Smoke drives a Glendale with a blue body and a white roof, which plays a small role in several missions (mostly as transportation from his home to the mission location).
The "Ghost" Glendale (internally named the "
GLENSHIT") is a GTA San Andreas variation of the Glendale which features damaged body parts and a different wheel design. Similar to the beater Sadler, the internal workings of the car are actually normal, but features body damage that cannot be repaired at a spray shop beyond the state when it spawned; other aspects of the car, including the engine, tires, windscreen and headlights, can be repaired otherwise. The
GLENSHIT also features an early wheel design present on other similar vehicles during cutscenes.
GLENSHIT Glendales commonly spawn in isolated parts of San Andreas, especially between the two horseshoe shaped rocks in Back o' Beyond, presumably as a last-measure mode of transportation if the player loses a vehicle in the middle of the wilderness.
GLENSHIT" is central to the "ghost car" myth.
The Bloodring Banger featured in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas adapts the Glendale into a demolition derby car outfitted with various modifications for such competitions. While the Glendale is one of two models the Bloodring Banger is based on in GTA Vice City (alongside the Oceanic), only the Glendale-based Bloodring Banger remains in GTA San Andreas.
Customization in GTA San Andreas
The Glendale in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, but is only offered a bare minimum of modification options:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- The Glendale plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- Big Smoke's Glendale's number plate reads "A2TMFK" which could translate into either; "A Two Timing Mother Fucker" or "A Two Tonne Mother Fucker".
- In GTA San Andreas, the beater Glendale emits a different horn sound compared to the regular Glendale's.
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas
- Standard Glendale
- Often seen driving around in Ganton, Los Santos.
- Members of the Los Santos Vagos or Varrios Los Aztecas are often seen driving it in Los Santos
- Either parked at the parking lot at Santa Maria Beach, Los Santos, or driving around the area; driving a Perennial on Thursdays may increase chances of the car spawning.
- Inside the farm west of Blueberry Acres, Red County.
- Spawns around hilly areas, like Missionary Hill, San Fierro; driving a Primo or Newsvan on Sundays may increase chances of the car spawning.
- Spawns around Blackfield, Las Venturas.
- Beater Glendale
- Inside the Angel Pine Junkyard.
- Many located around the horseshoe area in Back o' Beyond.
- Two are located in a trailer park across the road from Lil' Probe'Inn.
- Behind the gas station in Valle Ocultado, northwest of Cock Rock.
- One located at The Panopticon.
- One in Flint County outside of Back o' Beyond.
- The trailer park in Las Payasadas.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- To the west of Pay 'n' Spray at the white building with a blue glass frontage, Ocean Beach.
- Parking lot to the east of the funfair, Vice Point.
- In front of the Le Singe d'Arbre, Little Haiti.