It has the same stopping power, accuracy and quite similar firing sound as the Micro Uzi, and is, basically, a stumpier replacement. However, the rate of fire is different, as it fires much faster than the Micro Uzi. It has a 30-round magazine, rather than the Micro Uzi's fifty round magazine. Also, the reload is somewhat longer.
Because it is much bigger than the Micro-SMG, Luis and the Multiplayer characters hold it with two hands, firing from the hip. This gun, while being similar to the Uzi from GTA IV and TLAD, has such an astounding rate of fire that it is the best gun in the game for drive bys and is not bad for ground warfare. The only flaw of the gun is its poor accuracy sacrificed for the rate of fire and damage, but it still makes out a good CQB weapon.
Despite its high rate of fire, it shouldn't be used for drive-bys because it will be fired with a slower rate of fire to keep some level of accuracy, but it still is quite inaccurate. The SMG is much more suited for drive-bys as it has much better accuracy and fires faster.
- The Gold SMG is the default weapon when weapons are set to Automatic in multiplayer TBOGT.
- Gold can be used to make firearms in real life, however, the gun made of gold will soften up and lose it's shape and use.
- After completing Yusuf Amir's final mission, he will award you with his car and the Uzi in the glove compartment.
- Complete the game to unlock the Gold Uzi in Armando's Gun Van, costing $5000.
- Finish 50 Drug Wars to unlock the Gold Uzi in Luis' apartment (spawns only after completing the game).